Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Bournemouth 17/5/2016 - 8pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Glad everyone got out safe and sound, no one deserves to go to a match and not come home. I say that as a Liverpool fan.

Don't even see how the team you support is relevant to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Nalz wrote: »
    Any fan of any club should be saying this.

Yes, I don't think one would need you qualify this
    You would have to be a psychopath to think otherwise

Anyway correct decision I'm sure match will be rearranged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Strumms wrote: »
    Wasn't the threat level raised just this week or last due to credible intelligence that an attack from NI dissidents was 'likley'... ?

Well there is a Brexit vote soon isnt there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

magma69 wrote: »
    Don't even see how the team you support is relevant to this.

Think about it a bit longer

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Anyone even making the slightest insinuation that United are at fault here need to go take a long hard look at themselves.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I presume the game has to be played at some point. Would that be tomorrow?

A day less prep for us going into a cup final.

Anyone even making the slightest insinuation that United are at fault here need to go take a long hard look at themselves.

How could anyone do that? But boards is famous for victim blaming I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Liverpool fans have the monopoly on wishing that other team fans stay safe?

Being glad that nobody was hurt in the stadium is supposed to be more meaningful coming from a Liverpool fan? No, it's not relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

Korat wrote: »

A day less prep for us going into a cup final.

Better than been blown up me thinks

• Advertisement

Really???!

Some people wouldn't care if football fans died???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

mansize wrote: »
    Really???!

Some people wouldn't care if football fans died???

Try going to a River Plate Vs Boca Juniors match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Has Kay Burley arrived at the stadium yet? You know sh*t is going down when she leaves the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Players still in the dressing rooms.

Must bring back bad memories for Martial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mansize wrote: »
    How could anyone do that? But boards is famous for victim blaming I suppose

What the?

Some people would need to take a step back.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Swansea 1-1 City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Suspect package, has Giggs been on the prowl around other people's wives? :pac:

Seriously, glad everyone is out safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I never said game should go ahead. 100% agree with fact its not going ahead, safety first. It could never have been played.
    I just stated it gives them an advantage.

If City lose then there is hope, and everyone of those 11 that line up to take on Bournemouth can't argue that a win puts them in CL.
    I'm not sure the 11 that would of played today believed a win puts them in CL. But if it becomes a '' fact'' that indeed it does, then the motivation is ten times bigger , the belief is 10 times bigger, because its a fact, a win = CL football . They can also prepare longer for game.
    These are facts, I dunno how anyone can argue with it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

magma69 wrote: »
    Being glad that nobody was hurt in the stadium is supposed to be more meaningful coming from a Liverpool fan? No, it's not relevant.

Weird how people have a go at me for wishing everyone was safe.

I mentioned that as a fan of a club who fans went to support their team one day and didn't come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

What is the likelihood of this being played tomorrow behind closed doors? It would seem a sensible option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Anywhere else it would be hard to believe some of the comments but sadly on boards it's really not.

Pathetic posting by a few who the place would be better without.

Anyway, I really hope that it's not those dissident bellends given the alert readiness was raised during the week. Don't think I've ever heard of Republicans using a mobile phone bomb before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Can't see why it couldn't be played tomorrow once the ground is declared safe and the device is confirmed as either a hoax, viable or maybe just some rubbish with a wire or two...

Xenji wrote: »
    Try going to a River Plate Vs Boca Juniors match.

If that's how they think, no

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Decisions like this are not taken lightly. The police thought it was a credible threat. Plain and simple.
    Talk of utd gaining advantage or any other such nonsense is exactly that, nonsense.
    Only 1 poster has stirred the shít and it should come as no surprise who it is.
    When this kind of thing happens, safety is quite rightly the main concern. It apparently was a safe and orderly evacuation , quirks to the the stadium workers and officials.
    Hopefully it was of course a false alarm but no one can argue it was a wrong decision. The fact that it was utd makes it 'bigger' news but it will also act as a reminder to everyone at every stadium of the need for a safety first mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Safety first, we can all agree. But if this package is fake and a simply prank to delay game then its not fair.

Seriously what a pile of bollocks. ****

• Advertisement

I never said game should go ahead. 100% agree with fact its not going ahead, safety first. It could never have been played.

If City lose then there is hope, and everyone of those 11 that line up to take on Bournemouth can't argue that a win puts them in CL.
    I'm not sure the 11 that would of played today believed a win puts them in CL. But if it becomes a '' fact'' that indeed it does, then the motivation is ten times bigger , the belief is 10 times bigger, because its a fact, a win = CL football . They can also prepare longer for game.

Wise up

I mentioned that as a fan of a club who fans went to support their team one day and didn't come back.

I just found it odd is all. Wasn't having a go, obviously you were showing respect so apologies if I appeared aggressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

If it's played in the next day or so it will most likely be in an empty stadium, too much security arrangements to put in place for a game tomorrow.

I really hope this turns out to be a ridiculous hoax the thought of a viable bomb in any stadium turns my stomach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Jayop wrote: »
    Wise up

So you do argue with facts.

The problem for United and the FA is the fact United have the FA cup match to play on Saturday.
    So it is either played tomorrow or it is played after the FA cup.

• Advertisement

I can't understand anyone taking am issue with what you said. I said something similar in a Hillsborough thread from a United pov and got critised. Amazing what people take offense at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

What is the likelihood of this being played tomorrow behind closed doors? It would seem a sensible option.

It'll be half empty even if they keep the same ticketing. Might be best to do that even if it's the most surreal PL game ever played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This isn't about football ffs.

Strumms wrote: »
    Can't see why it couldn't be played tomorrow once the ground is declared safe and the device is confirmed as either a hoax, viable or maybe just some rubbish with a wire or two...

Would think so. As things stand it will be an important game even if City get a result.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

RobertKK wrote: »
    The problem for United and the FA is the fact United have the FA cup match to play on Saturday.

Sky saying after

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Bomb Squad shown turning up to the ground on Sky Sports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

City in another sence won't be looking nervously with an eye on OT today being no game. 1-1 at half time not the end of the world.... That score and hypothetically United say now 2-0 up at half time and that's a hell of a more nervous City side in that dressing room. Not as black and white as you foolishly continue to insist on making out... ;)

RobertKK wrote: »

International teams meeting up after that. Tomorrow seems to make most sense.

The Euros are going to be tense and a nightmare for the authorities.

Absolute muppetry of the highest order going on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Jayop wrote: »
    I can't understand anyone taking am issue with what you said. I said something similar in a Hillsborough thread from a United pov and got critised. Amazing what people take offense at.

I think sometimes people get a little blinded by the tribal stuff it's hard to see what's genuine or fake.

Everyone in my family apart from me is United and they'd head over to the games a fair bit. I guess I just think, if that was my brother or Da over there they could get caught in something like that.

This is not about football, it's about the safe evacuation of people from a potentially life threatening situation. As I said, I'm glad everyone got out safe and sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

You love facts, if City don't qualify for the champions league it's completely there own fault, professional players and only need a draw at a weakened Swansea team.

If they can't win it I doubt there will be one player or official at city who would agree with your ludicrous assessment or will be pointing the finger at Utds "unfair advantage"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Don't feed him.

duffman13 wrote: »
    You love facts, if City don't qualify for the champions league it's completely there own fault, professional players and only need a draw at a weakened Swansea team.

If they can't win it I doubt there will be one player or official at city who would agree with your ludicrous assessment or will be pointing the finger at Utds "unfair advantage"

It's pretty telling of his character to see what he's focusing on given the gravity of the situation. Horrible stuff.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

monkey9 wrote: »
    This isn't about football ffs.

Indeed, so I'm going to close this until there's an actual match to talk about.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This has been re-scheduled for tonight if I'm not mistaken, so thread re-opened.

So much meh. I'd have more interest in a pre season friendly. At least there's an opportunity to learn something from that. Rest everyone for the cup final please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Can you change the Thread title?

And 1-1 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

18-0

18-0

Nah, we're at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We go again.;):P

CiphCRDXAAEi2R1.jpg