Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Infirmary Hospital - Cork - Parking

Options
  • 15-05-2016 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Can anyone offer advice on parking. We have an appt for next Friday at 11am and a friend from Cork told us its 3 euros an hour in the hospital car park, we have no idea how long we will be there and can't afford to pay such high parking charges.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

It is normally really busy you might not get in, you could get the Park and Ride and walk to the hospital if that is an option, it is €5 per day buses run every 15 mins to and from the city, most car parks are about 2 to 3 euro an hour in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Park and ride is probably your best bet. Parking in that area is expensive however if the person you are bring to hospital is unwell the walk might be a bit long for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Nearest multistory car park is €4 an hour. Park and Ride is the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Other option is park in Ballyphehane for free and get the 203 bus which will drop you at St John's College which is a 2/3 minute walk to the South Infirmary. Much closer than the Park and Ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Other option is park in Ballyphehane for free and get the 203 bus which will drop you at St John's College which is a 2/3 minute walk to the South Infirmary. Much closer than the Park and Ride.

There's disc parking in Ballyphehane as far as I know.

Another option if the patient isn't able for much of a walk would be to drop them at the hospital, and.drive to the P&R - it's only a 10 minute drive from the hospital. Likewise, the walk to/from the P&R bus stop in town is only about 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Another option if the patient isn't able for much of a walk would be to drop them at the hospital, and.drive to the P&R - it's only a 10 minute drive from the hospital. Likewise, the walk to/from the P&R bus stop in town is only about 10 minutes.

Nope. Ballyphehane is disc free. The disc zone starts by the Marian pharmacy by Tory Top Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭County rebel

I had to take my father there last month i had no problem getting a space in the car park i think somebody siad to me since the a@e closed there it has got quieter there.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭vince

Loads of spaces on the street opposite douglous street up hill from the traffic lights. 2euro for 2 hours disc parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Unz88

Ring the secretary and ask what the average waiting time is to be seen for appointments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I had to take my father there last month i had no problem getting a space in the car park i think somebody siad to me since the a@e closed there it has got quieter there.

Did you park in the hospital car park?

• Advertisement

He cannot walk far I am afraid and I don't drive so can't drop him off, thanks for the thought though, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just realised I wont be here was going to offer... You could however arrange a taxi. Tell him to park down by the marina there is lots of spots to park there Free and then call a taxi to bring him up or prebook one it is a short spin up the road so wont cost much

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

There is a Topaz petrol station on the link that charges 5 per day parking.

Drive around the back you'll see loads of cars parked and loads of spaces.

Let the guy on till know you're parking, he'll hand you a sheet to put down the car reg and he charges 5.

It's only a few minutes walk from the hospital.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/South+Infirmary+Victoria+University+Hospital/@51.8942466,-8.4625369,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4844900415f1ec2b:0x684b941796bdb432!8m2!3d51.8933653!4d-8.4633364?hl=en

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Did you park in the hospital car park?

Yes

Yes

Thanks, Sorry can I ask was it 3 euro an hour?

i think i payed 7.50euro for 3hrs max is 12 euro.

i think i payed 7.50euro for 3hrs max is 12 euro.

thanks so much, I think we will have to use it, the patient can't walk far and is very nervous about the consultation.

We tried the hospital car park and it was packed, not one space available but we got one across the road by the shop and bought a disc, it was fine, we were in and out in the 2 hours so that worked out at only a cost of 2 euro.

Thanks again for all the advice guys, always appreciated.

Advertisement