Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent chat headset?

Options
  • 15-05-2016 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent wireless chat headset? Not earphones - just a headset as my gamepad doesn't have an audio jack. I honestly can't find anything other than two on Amazon which both have terrible reviews!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Can anyone recommend a decent wireless chat headset? Not earphones - just a headset as my gamepad doesn't have an audio jack. I honestly can't find anything other than two on Amazon which both have terrible reviews!

For the Playstation, I've yet to try anything more satisfying than the official Playstation headset 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i believe with the playstation you can connect any bluetooth headset.

so a handfree kit for a phone might do what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

RedXIV wrote: »
    For the Playstation, I've yet to try anything more satisfying than the official Playstation headset 2.0?

I don't want a set of earphones though, just a microphone!
    i believe with the playstation you can connect any bluetooth headset.

so a handfree kit for a phone might do what you want

Great, thanks! I'll look into that. Really surprised that there's so little 'branded' options out there! Could only find 2 on Amazon and they both had bad reviews.

Something like the X360 wireless chat headset was what I was hoping to get.

455003074_236.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I don't want a set of earphones though, just a microphone!

Great, thanks! I'll look into that. Really surprised that there's so little 'branded' options out there! Could only find 2 on Amazon and they both had bad reviews.

Something like the X360 wireless chat headset was what I was hoping to get.

455003074_236.jpg

Yeah any bluetooth headset works, I find plantronics one slightly better:

http://www.halfords.ie/technology/mobile-phone-accessories/bluetooth-car-kits/plantronics-ml10-bluetooth-headset

• Advertisement

Excellent guys, thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jonnycivic wrote: »

I thought BT only worked on PS3 and not PS4?

As the official ones use a USB dongle don't they?

Hence the plethora of headsets on the market... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    I thought BT only worked on PS3 and not PS4?

As the official ones use a USB dongle don't they?

Hence the plethora of headsets on the market... :)

Yeah looking into it, that seems to be the case. I'm pretty annoyed by this - my controller doesn't have a 3.5 jack so I really wanted a basic wireless chat headset like what was available for 360/PS3....can't believe they just don't exist? :confused:

Yeah looking into it, that seems to be the case. I'm pretty annoyed by this - my controller doesn't have a 3.5 jack so I really wanted a basic wireless chat headset like what was available for 360/PS3....can't believe they just don't exist? :confused:

What controller doesn't have a 3.5 jack?

Is it a fight pad or something?

The dual shock 4 has one alright....

I use one of these yokes, does me, kind of similar to the old 360 one, except mine only has one ear as opposed to this one with 2 :

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1701645/Trail/searchtext%3EPS4+headset.htm

It's a Hori pad, it's basically a PS4 controller in the style of a XB1 controller.

I just never realised that it would be impossible to get a wireless chat headset. I don't want a wireless normal headset as I still want the sound to go through my seperate speakers.

• Advertisement

It's a Hori pad, it's basically a PS4 controller in the style of a XB1 controller.

I just never realised that it would be impossible to get a wireless chat headset. I don't want a wireless normal headset as I still want the sound to go through my seperate speakers.

I have a stick for SF V and I get the same issue, my missus has the official Sony ones so I borrow them if I need to chat, I hate being enclosed in two earphones also though...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

I know it is not quite the point but you can set only chat to go through the headset and all other audio will go through your speakers.

Advertisement