Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn cutting costs

Options
  • 15-05-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Would anyone know how much I should expect to pay to have someone to cut a 3/4 of an acre in Offaly near Tullamore?

What is the usually cost of grass cutting.

Also if anyone knows of anyone who cuts lawns in this area it would be apricated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not from your area, but just giving you an idea of what I was charged when my own ride-on was out of action.

€50 for 1/2 acre site. I thought it was a lot at first, but quite a few afterwards said it was reasonable enough.

In Donegal btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

I'm a few miles from Athlon. I was being charged €50 for about 3/4 of an acre last summer by a gardener/landscaper. Lawn was simple enough to do being all level but required strimmers on the edges and small mower in narrow spots around trees which is time consuming. €50 seems the standard around here even for smaller gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

Thanks for yer responses. Glad to get an idea of what other people were paying had two people quote me 130-150, which I taught was crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I was paying €30 for about 3/4 of an acre. Straight mow, no strimming or collection. In an out in 30 minutes. Did next door at the same time for €30 this the low price.

Had a ahem guy out today with a strong ahem accent, wanted €300!! Said he'd need to pay 4 lads. I asked him were they plucking it or cutting it. Dodgy bugger. His ad says 40% off for OAP's, i.e trying to attract vulnerable people.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Hoboo wrote: »
    I was paying €30 for about 3/4 of an acre. Straight mow, no strimming or collection. In an out in 30 minutes. Did next door at the same time for €30 this the low price.

Had a ahem guy out today with a strong ahem accent, wanted €300!! Said he'd need to pay 4 lads. I asked him were they plucking it or cutting it. Dodgy bugger. His ad says 40% off for OAP's, i.e trying to attract vulnerable people.

No harm circulating a pic of this guy's ad if you think he's dodgy. People getting ripped off all over the shop by these 'characters'.

• Advertisement

No harm circulating a pic of this guy's ad if you think he's dodgy. People getting ripped off all over the shop by these 'characters'.

If that's ok I'll take a pic and put it up? Would like to take my first post down though, just in case!!!! he was very interested in how quiet the road I'm on is.

If he's in the area again, take his reg, description of him and the vehicle, the phone number he's using and report it to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sounds like a guy who once offered to powerhose my driveway for €700 !!

If he's in the area again, take his reg, description of him and the vehicle, the phone number he's using and report it to the guards.

Took his reg and vehicle anyhow, kept saying how lovely and quiet the area is. Nothing to report though? He's a chancer but didn't commit any crime.

Took his reg and vehicle anyhow, kept saying how lovely and quiet the area is. Nothing to report though? He's a chancer but didn't commit any crime.

Suspicious activity is just that. Reported all the time and rightly so. People getting ripped off all over by dodgy lads like that. Guards get a word with them and they know to stay away, that you're not to be conned.

• Advertisement

Id be interested to know what sort of machine he had that it only took 30 mins.

A stolen machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Id be interested to know what sort of machine he had that it only took 30 mins.

Our site is an acre, I have a 42" ride on and the absolute fastest I could do it without strimming, being too fussy around trees or collection is 90 minutes. If I want to collect and do some strimming it's 3+ hours.

RonanP77 wrote: »
    Our site is an acre, I have a 42" ride on and the absolute fastest I could do it without strimming, being too fussy around trees or collection is 90 minutes. If I want to collect and do some strimming it's 3+ hours.

I do a lawn 2700 square meters and there is no way I could do it in 30 mins. I was wondering is there mowers you can get that fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i've been asked to cut & collect on my local football/soccer pitch...how much should i charge?

Advertisement