Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Credit union loan while in Arrears

• 15-05-2016 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Ok, so i have had a lot of bad luck lately when it comes to money and have made some bad choices over last few years but i want to try and fix that and get my credit history back to where it should be, i have been a member of the credit union since i was a teenager and have always been ahead on my loan payments but over the last 2 years i feel behind and have been in arrears, i have been paying extra extra week on my loan so they havent been bothoring me as they are happy with that, but while i'm in arrears i cant apply for a loan so i'm finding it really hard as my weekly outgoing are quiet high but paying back stupid credit cards etc, so on friday the car failed nct and that was it for me, i was like were am i going to get the money for this, so i called the credit union just with the intention of asking could i clear my arrears with my shares as i cant apply for a loan while in arrears, but the clerk said that i could apply just that it would more than likely be refused, but she said because i'm paying extra they might consider it, when i called i was only thinking of asking for enough for the car, but then i was thinking there going to check icb so there going to see how bad things are, so i decided that i would just ask for one big loan to clear everything and just have one loan with the credit union, this is what i always wanted but never taught it would be a option and it prob still wont be, i'm not getting my hopes up because i do that they are going to say NO !! but i taught its only going to be a yes or no, so cant hurt to ask, when i was dropping in payslips, bank statements etc, i wrote a letter and explained that i wanted to change the loan application and i included statements from credit cards etc.. So basically anyone think there is a possibitly they will give me the cash ???? i'm gearing myself up for a Big NO, so embarressing letting myself get into this situation, but this loan would fix everything and let me save then..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No idea, how much do you owe with credit cards etc?

Advertisement