Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Blackbrid Decals where to buy?

• 15-05-2016 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys my blackbird requires a respray and I need to find decals.

Can anyone recommend where to go?

I'd prefer authentic ones if possible or next best fit.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If you don't mind paying big money, David Silver Spares UK should have genuine ones.
    If that option is too costly try Image Works,also in the Uk for copies.
    Better off phoning them and they'll tell you straight away if they do them or not.
    Google them and have a look at the quality of their work.
    I have a couple of stickers ordered off them at the moment and should have them in about a week so.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 stokesdiva

I know you can get them on ebay. Just type in what your looking for. Most of the stuff is coming from Japan and the price is reasonable. Hope that help.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]There is a [/font][font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]t[/font][font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]hread on biker.ie about the same topic.[/font]

Sourced stickers from [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://moto-sticker.com/web/[/font][font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif] - turned out pretty well IIRC.[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Might be worth a read - http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=194323[/font] [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BlackBirdman

Thanks for all the replies so far - have gone with Moto-Sticker.com (Originals came in at £297 from davidsilver).

So next step while waiting for the re-spray is to get a full set of fixing bolts for the fairings and a new double bubble screen. Any recommendations on best places for these?

I've found bolts on demon-tweeks.co.uk and a screen on kidmarx.co.uk

Anyone know how good they are to deal with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I've just bought a blackbird this week so as you can imagine I've been doing a lot of reading.

One place that comes highly recommended, all over the world even on the US forums, is Jaws.

http://www.jaws-motorcycles.co.uk/bird.htm

He has fairing bolt kits for £32 plus shipping.

Seems to be the first port of call for any bird parts for many people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

I'd recommend moto-sticker alright - my how-to post by sleepysniper there. Vinyls still holding up, but never got around to clearcoating them, which would have been ideal. Just a bit of worry when washing the bike about catching the edges of the vinyls with a cloth etc. I must have done so on the red 'R' on the tail, as its come up very slightly (3-4mm) - just down to the 'R' font being so bloody sharp/pointed

if getting resprayed, good opportunity to get them on before clearcoat step, or getting painted to put an extra layer over the vinyls once applied - worth talking to them and seeing what they say

Advertisement