Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was expecting a parcel from Amazon...

Options
  • 15-05-2016 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I ordered shoes from Amazon and they were out for delivery on Friday. I stayed home all day and I'm almost certain I saw the actual courier van outside the window. However he drove right past my house.

Shortly after I saw the van I checked the tracking number on the Fastway website. I saw this "In order to effect delivery, we tried to ring the customer but there was no answer at the number provided and we were unable to leave a message"

Does this mean they're not actually going to call to my door without phoning first? Because if that's the case my mobile is broken. I never heard of a courier that can't just ring a doorbell when they're right beside the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Why don't you phone them, give them the tracking number and ask what the issue is with delivery?

There could be any number of reasons why they tried to phone before getting out of the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Shop40

Hi OP,
    I've had similar issues twice recently with Fastway. First time I was expecting delivery on a certain date and the update online was that I (the consignee) had requested the item to be delivered on another date. Huh? I was at home all day, nobody called to the house and no one called the phone so that was baloney. I got my delivery the next day.
    The next time, the update on the website was that there was a problem (forget the specifics) and item arrived the following day.
    So for me this company have been a day late with dodgy excuses!
    Also, the driver never asks me for a signature and a forgery of my signature ends up on the tracking website after things are delivered.

I would say you will get your delivery a day or two late, but you can call Fastway and they will give you the driver's mobile no to follow up with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Looks like it's out for delivery again. I looked up 'courier locator' on the Fastway website and found a mobile number for 'my friendly local courier'. I've been trying to ring all morning to give him my home phone number but he has his phone switched off. I think I'll just have to keep an eye out for the van and flag it down.

Advertisement