Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to Airtricity - Can't get meter readng

Options
  • 16-05-2016 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all

Might be too late asking this, horse has bolted and all. I moved to Airtricity, I got a meter reading for the move but our Mgmt company has said only ESB can get access to the meter room from now on and meter readings will not be given out. I can understand that, 100 flats, could be an endless task however

If ESB take a reading every two months, how does that get to Airtricity? Do I have to get it form ESB who pass it to Airtricity?

Appreciate any advice, just got a hefty bill from Airtricity, hoping it's down to it being an estimate!
    Rgds
    Gerry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

ESB Networks takes readings of all premises and own and operate the electricity grid.

Electric Ireland is the consumer side of ESB networks and is a seperate company.

No matter who your billing is with, ESB netwroks still supply the electriciy and own the meters and read the meters - they then supply these reading to the company that bills you.

The letter (a) after the meter reading dentoes "actual" reading. Letter (e) after a reading denotes and estimated reading.

DO NOT believe the bull that airtricity sales people give you. Any savings is on he unit price only and not on standing charge or PSO levy. On an average bill - savings would be in the region of 8-10% on an average bill unless you are a heavy user

Be warned that in 12 months your rates will increase to standard rates with airtricity, so remind yourself to switch to anotehr supplier then. ( I switch every 12 months)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭gerryR

Thanks for the info Vince, I'll wait until they get a reading from ESB so, at least I'll have a low bill to look forward to.
    Rgds

Advertisement