Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iKydz App Thread

Options
  • 16-05-2016 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

The iKydz company is finally shipping devices. It is supposed to be a simple way to control Internet access and block bad stuff. In their own words "simple plug and play microcomputer delivers the software required to manage all your household internet connections over the web at the swipe of a finger via the iKydz app."

Just received mine this morning and I am wondering if anyone else has got it working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 oshow

Hi, Yes i received one. plugged it into my Vodafone router and could not see any devices. Emailed support and got this response. Not Happy. buyer beware.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the email. From the picture you send, I can see where the problem lies but its not with you. Your router is a Huawei HG658c. This router does not route packets through the backplane as most routers do. The ikydz would not be able to scan the network properly to list the devices. My apologies, as we could have mentioned this to you.

But on the bright side, we are in development of another solution that would take care of this router model. Will you be happy to get back to you by the end of this week to give you feedback on this?

Kind regards

Ola
    Ikydz Support

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

I had the same issue. Would not work with Vodafone router. Support in IKydz did spend a good bit of time troubleshooting but no joy. Eventually sent it back. Pity as I liked the whole concept.

I would advise anyone considering one to check with them re router compatibility before spending money

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vandenbo

I was an earlier adopter through kickstarter as well. Didn't work with my Vodafone router but they told me this was a beta version. They sent me a new model last November, which they say was developed to deal with any router compatibility issues. New one works really well. No problems since I installed it. Kids under complete control!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Anyone have it working on Sky broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vandenbo

My brother has one and he has sky broadband. He got it the same time i got the first one. His worked no problem. They told me when they sent out the new model that they totally re-engineered the thing because of the issue with Vodafone router and it works in a different way apparently. router compatibility not a problem anymore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement