Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Insuring a three wheeler in ireland?

• 16-05-2016 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Have a Can Am Spyder coming shortly, bought in US. I have tried five insurers in Ireland, but none cover this machine. I have max NCD already with a clean insurance record and am almost fifty so it is just the three wheels causing the problem.

AXA - No
    Carole Nash - No
    Adelaide (Cornmarket) - No
    Liberty - No
    Principal - No

Any ideas - other than to get another bike......thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I've seen plenty of them on Irish plates in Kilarney at the Bikefest ever year. So someone must be doing it !!

Did they tell you why they were turning you down for insurance ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Try MCE and AON.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Canam Spyder

Hi D3V!l,

The standard explanation I am afraid, "......our underwriters will not cover the Can Am", and the guy at Principal even said "the fact the 2 wheels are up front puts it outside the cover".

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Canam Spyder

Hi JimGoose,

Thanks a lot. Got a quote from MCE/Aon. Expensive, but at least its a quote. Went for Multibike cover as I will keep the SH300i for the city commute.

Current Insurance renewal (AXA) on SH300i only is €255 comprehensive.

Multibike comprehensive cover for both SH300i and Spyder will be €1355. I suppose the Can Am is 1330cc and value is very high so can expect it to be costly.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hi JimGoose,

Thanks a lot. Got a quote from MCE/Aon. Expensive, but at least its a quote. Went for Multibike cover as I will keep the SH300i for the city commute.

Current Insurance renewal (AXA) on SH300i only is €255 comprehensive.

Multibike comprehensive cover for both SH300i and Spyder will be €1355. I suppose the Can Am is 1330cc and value is very high so can expect it to be costly.

Thanks again

You are quite welcome. I'm delighted it worked out for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement