Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre to the home.- kilkenny

Options
  • 16-05-2016 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

I saw recently that Eir is rolling out fibre to the home in kilkenny. As this would be something I'm interested in I'm wondering is it actually possible for our line to get this service.

I have my doubts as the fibre line we are on now is atrocious as it is 1.6km away even though we are in the centre of town with the closest cabinet being 50m away.

Are we doomed to never receive this service you have advertised through kilkenny city? Your sales team tells me it's not available yet but I'm wondering is it even possible in the first place.

Joe.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    I saw recently that Eir is rolling out fibre to the home in kilkenny. As this would be something I'm interested in I'm wondering is it actually possible for our line to get this service.

I have my doubts as the fibre line we are on now is atrocious as it is 1.6km away even though we are in the centre of town with the closest cabinet being 50m away.

Are we doomed to never receive this service you have advertised through kilkenny city? Your sales team tells me it's not available yet but I'm wondering is it even possible in the first place.

Joe.
    Hi JoeyDoh,

I have taken a look into this and the efibre to the home service is been launched in the Kilkenny city area, unfortunately it is still in the process and it is not available yet.
    The efibre to the home service are the blue lines on this map here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

Hi JoeyDoh,

I have taken a look into this and the efibre to the home service is been launched in the Kilkenny city area, unfortunately it is still in the process and it is not available yet.
    The efibre to the home service are the blue lines on this map here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

-Pamela 

Cheers for the reply Pamela. Being a bit pedantic here but my house is 40m from one of the blue lines you described. As close as you can get really. However the cabinet I'm connected to is 1 mile away.

Will this have an effect on me getting this service? Or am good to go once the service is up and running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

JoeyDoh wrote: »
    Hi JoeyDoh,

-Pamela 

Cheers for the reply Pamela. Being a bit pedantic here but my house is 40m from one of the blue lines you described. As close as you can get really. However the cabinet I'm connected to is 1 mile away.

Will this have an effect on me getting this service? Or am good to go once the service is up and running.
    It should not affect the FTTH service  JoeyDoh however we are unable to confirm this until the service is available in your area.

-Pamela 

Advertisement