Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A5 Service

Options
  • 16-05-2016 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Went a service in audi service center and they recommend to replace timing belt, the car is 2010 (Audi A5 2.0TDI )but the millage is less then 60,000 KM.. .. Googled around and it seems only UK and Ireland has this 5 year time line for change timing belt. Rest of the world seems depends on the millage. Also couldn't find recommendation on either manual or service book, may be i missed. Any ideas on it ??? should I replace or not ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I believe that it's down to whether it is a fleet car or not.
    If it is fleet, "the interval is 120,000 miles if the vehicle is designated as 'fleet' i.e. if VW Financial Services are contracted to pay for the maintenance, or only 75,000 miles if it is designated as 'retail' i.e. if you or I are paying dealer for the work."
    URL="http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=99799"]source[/URL
    Other forums suggest slightly lower fleet mileage but the retail stays the same!
    They also seem to suggest 5 years (depending on which occurs first, the mileage or the 5 years)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Yeh sounds like its just its age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hanireland

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Timing belts is almost always years or miles.
    If you have a car sitting up for 6 years the belt will deteriorate by age alone anyway so needs changing.

Advertisement