Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht rugby players and the stolen laptop

Options
  • 16-05-2016 10:56am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

This seems to be getting heated

Wonder did they even get the laptop back.
    Your man in red seems to be very angry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They did, the guy who had the laptop claimed he didn't realise it was stolen when he "bought" it :rolleyes: I don't think anyone was arrested although the guy who robbed it should have been.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

MadYaker wrote: »
    They did, the guy who had the laptop claimed he didn't realise it was stolen when he "bought" it :rolleyes: I don't think anyone was arrested although the guy who robbed it should have been.

bought it eh !! The McDonagh's seemed like nice people from that video. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Video filmed with a spud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Video filmed with a spud?

Should have got a water protester to film it, fucI<ing professional at it by now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Just goes to show that while these "find my phone" etc apps are great the reality of rocking up on some unknown theifs doorstep demanding your stuff will not often end happily.

If a few rugby players won't give a theif pause for thought the rest of us really haven't much chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Just goes to show that while these "find my phone" etc apps are great the reality of rocking up on some unknown theifs doorstep demanding your stuff will not often end happily.
    If a few rugby players won't give the theif pause for thought the rest of us really haven't much chance.

Rookie mistake, track it down wait till they leave the home with the item and use a well placed hand and retrieve it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Robbie Henshaws deleted posts about it i wonder why

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We don't all follow the same sources - where did Robbie delete posts? How do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

biko wrote: »
    We don't all follow the same sources - where did Robbie delete posts? How do you know?
    He put something on instagram I think which has since been removed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Would that be for legal reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It depends, but since he removed it there's no point in speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

If a few rugby players won't give a theif pause for thought the rest of us really haven't much chance.

They got the laptop back the day after it was robbed. Fully intact. They took no notice of Marmion but "the thief" did indeed pause for thought when Bundee glared at him.

They got the laptop back the day after it was robbed. Fully intact. They took no notice of Marmion but "the thief" did indeed pause for thought when Bundee glared at him.

There didn't seem to be any pause for thought in this video, or an atmosphere that would suggest a laptop was handed back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

There didn't seem to be any pause for thought in this video, or an atmosphere that would suggest a laptop was handed back.

The video doesn't show all. It got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The video doesn't show all. It got sorted.

It got sorted eventually yes, but I wonder had those guys not been known rugby players might it have turned even nastier faster.

I suppose if you're turning up on someone's doorstep you'd want to do a bit of research first on who you're visiting. I don't think many of us would fancy our chances with certain well known families who always seem to have backup close at hand.

The video quality is crap but it sounded like there was 1 or 2 slaps thrown in it. Anyone else think that.

Advertisement