Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proactive text

Options
  • 16-05-2016 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

I'd be fairly quick to complain here when I feel aggrieved about some aspect of service, but today it's the opposite.

I got a text today to say there were insufficient funds in my current account to cover a DD that will be presented tonight, affording me the opportunity to transfer cash into it to cover the DD (due to a miscalculation I was a few euro short) but that's sorted now.

It was the first such text I'd received and I just wanted to say fair play, nice to see the bank taking measures to reduce DD bounces and the associated charges / hassle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

Yakuza wrote: »
    I'd be fairly quick to complain here when I feel aggrieved about some aspect of service, but today it's the opposite.

I got a text today to say there were insufficient funds in my current account to cover a DD that will be presented tonight, affording me the opportunity to transfer cash into it to cover the DD (due to a miscalculation I was a few euro short) but that's sorted now.

It was the first such text I'd received and I just wanted to say fair play, nice to see the bank taking measures to reduce DD bounces and the associated charges / hassle.
    How did you sign up for that? I'd love something like that to be on the safe side!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

How did you sign up for that? I'd love something like that to be on the safe side!
    I didn't, to my knowledge!  I've been getting "Your eStatement is ready" texts for a while now, it might have been part of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

I didn't, to my knowledge!  I've been getting "Your eStatement is ready" texts for a while now, it might have been part of that.
    Thanks a mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Yakuza, thanks for getting in touch and I'm delighted to hear that you like this service,  I’ll be sure to pass on your lovely feedback about this.

The Voice of reason, we introduced this service last year and we'll send out an SMS to personal customers (to the mobile number that we have recorded for them). This is sent out on the morning that a direct debit is due if there’s insufficient funds & gives the details of the payment that’s due.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement