Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Talk Wedding Band

• 16-05-2016 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Has anyone had All Talk as their wedding band or been to a wedding where they have played?
    I would love to hear your experience of them.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

katie21 wrote: »
    Has anyone had All Talk as their wedding band or been to a wedding where they have played?
    I would love to hear your experience of them.

Thanks.

They're a really good band, round a while, know their business really well, wont go wrong if you book them.

Have you seen them yourself? what did you think of them, did you see any other bands?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭katie21

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes we have seen them play but it was in a pub.
    We thought they were very good but would like to hear of experiences people have had at a wedding as it can be a completely different setup/atmosphere to a pub.

We have went to see one other band called Redrock and found them very good as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

katie21 wrote: »
    Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes we have seen them play but it was in a pub.
    We thought they were very good but would like to hear of experiences people have had at a wedding as it can be a completely different setup/atmosphere to a pub.

We have went to see one other band called Redrock and found them very good as well.

I always say pick 3, make sure theyre available on your date by contacting them, know their prices, look for recommendations, go and view all one weekend if you can so they'll all be fresh in your memory, something will stand out with one of them. Watch how they interact with crowd, if theyre good in a bar, theyll be really good at a wedding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Just saw this thread, I was photographing a wedding recently where All Talk played, and they were really great. I'm not a huge fan of wedding bands with female singers (just a personal preference, I find they can screech a little LOL) but All talk were really great. Filled the floor, a great vibe and friendly too when I was chatting to them before they went on. I overheard the bride's father talking to the lead singer (female vocalist, didn't find out her name) and the jist of it was that he had heard them on youtube and was delighted to hear them in person. I got the impression that he was pretty impressed.

In fairness the majority of wedding bands are pretty great nowadays, in all the weddings I have been shooting in the last couple of years I can't remember a band that I wasn't bopping along to as I shot the party pics LOL.

If you want a list of my favourites - strictly from being impressed with the music and the vibe on the dancefloor just let me know, or I can post it here if anyone wants. No affiliation with any of them, I just get asked a lot by brides to recommend bands etc once they book me as their photographer that I make a point of keeping a list of great bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Plankton1

Yes do you mind sending me your favourites? I'm starting to look now too. I don't like your 'traditional' wedding band types so interested in recommendations! thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭soldsold

Plankton1 wrote: »
    Yes do you mind sending me your favourites? I'm starting to look now too. I don't like your 'traditional' wedding band types so interested in recommendations! thanks!

PM sent!

Advertisement