Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slugs making vegetable garden impossible

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

hju6 wrote: »
    Coffee gets rid of slugs , but is illegal under EU law , i have used coffee against slugs and it works , they move away from the caffeinated area.

http://www.independent.co.uk/property/gardening/no-coffee-for-slugs-8081384.html

I have a ring of coffee all around my raised beds. Then a foot width of gravel before you get to my raised beds. And still they come. I use my own home made compost every year, I suspect that they are hiding in among this. I get my used coffee granules from Insomnia. Nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I have a ring of coffee all around my raised beds. Then a foot width of gravel before you get to my raised beds. And still they come. I use my own home made compost every year, I suspect that they are hiding in among this. I get my used coffee granules from Insomnia. Nice people.

machine gun posts with a minefield...its the only way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Fear The Walking Slugs. Be afraid....be very afraid.....

Advertisement