Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Radiator Repair?

• 16-05-2016 1:14pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a fairly big hole in a radiator in an old bike I just bought (pic). I was looking into buying a new used but they are hard to find and expensive. Does anyone know how much radiator repair costs and any recommendation of where?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Zascar wrote: »
    I have a fairly big hole in a radiator in an old bike I just bought (pic). I was looking into buying a new used but they are hard to find and expensive. Does anyone know how much radiator repair costs and any recommendation of where?

Looks like it needs a whole new core..cheaper to find a s/h one...what's it off...?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ah right. Ihad no idea but I was hoping it would not be that big a job. It's from a 1983 BMW K100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Years ago when "somebody" went through my rad with a drill, i brought it to Lee Radiators in Cork.
    They not only fixed the hole bought also spayed it and gave it back to me looking like new.
    Cost only £20 but as I said it was years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Not sure where you are based but radfix in Galway would recore that no problem. Not sure on pricing but they are known for being reasonable. There should be somewhere local to you that does recoring.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers, I found http://www.radiatorservice.ie/ so I sent them an email and I'll see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Have you looked at a different rad...?...if it's for the caff would it matter..?

Yeah good point I had not thought of that. As long as it fits I suppose, if I had to do loads of stuff to make it fit it might defeat the purpose. Anyway I think I've found one in Poland for a k100 for cheap, have a mate looking into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

SP heat transfer ferry bank....they do be advertised on donedeal...have a v.good reputation for cars anyway

Advertisement