Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gran fondo giro ditalian

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I did this yesterday.

And thanks to ILIKEFOOD for the top tube card, I found it a great help, particularly in the latter part, where there were hills, that I might otherwise have been unprepared for.

you're welcome, I started my gps too early and I was a bit out so i was wondering if it was accurate enough for anyone else I gave it to, still, i had a fair idea of what was ahead using it

thought it was a quality event, every part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    you're welcome, I started my gps too early and I was a bit out so i was wondering if it was accurate enough for anyone else I gave it to, still, i had a fair idea of what was ahead using it

thought it was a quality event, every part of it.

I started my Garmin,as I crossed the start line.
    Your TT card was pretty accurate. I certainly knew what to expect and where to expect it. Thanks again.

I was told, that there would be a way of accessing photographs on a website, whereby you could input your number and see your photos.
    Can anybody direct me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I was told, that there would be a way of accessing photographs on a website, whereby you could input your number and see your photos.
    Can anybody direct me?

It took a few days last year for results and stuff to go online.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Did anyone order extra items and not receive them on the day? I ordered a cap along with the jersey but didn't get it - my gf who collected was told that it would be posted out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I was the 7th fastest M60.
    I wonder how many over 60s took part.

8,lol!
    just kidding super ride!

Gofaster wrote: »
    What gearing did you guys get around with?

52/34 Doval osymetric standard with 11/28 on back.
    just got away with it!
    wore the jersey today its top class gear, really is!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Can anybody direct me?
    Think its sportscam.net
    Says Wed before it's up though... after 10 am.

Results here http://www.chiptiming.co.uk/results/?sport=2&year=2016&event=2644&race=4468

Loads of unofficial pics in here too http://www.industryimage.com/gran-fondo-2016

http://www.industryimage.com/12-59gran-fondo-slieve-croob605#photo

Going over the top of Slieve Croob. 4hours 20 mins into the ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Gofaster

I used 53/39 and 11-28, definitely was not enough lol reckon a 52/36 would have been a lot better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Anybody remember when registration opened for the 2016 event?

Just trying to gauge when it will open for the 2017 event...
    Was it sold out (for 2016)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

It opened last week for people who participated last year.

It opens to the public soon but can't find the email to get you the exact date.
    Pretty sure 2016 didn't sell out.

I got an email on 13th October, which said that entrants from 2016 were being given a 10 day window to register before general registration opened.
    If that is the case registration will open on Sunday or Monday.

found it!

It's not cheap. £65 for the longer route.
    However, it's a great event. Closed roads for the entire route is just wonderful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It's not cheap. £65 for the longer route.
    However, it's a great event. Closed roads for the entire route is just wonderful.

Closed roads would probably make it worth the price for many. There's one on in Scotland in closed roads that I'd love to do, the Etape Royal that I baulked at the price but realise, closing roads might be costly

Advertisement