Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank for Postgraduate Funding?

• 16-05-2016 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

I'm starting an MSc in Actuarial Science in September (1 year duration) and am currently looking to secure funding to pay for the year, in the region of €20-25k .

I'm currently with Bank of Ireland but they only seem to offer enough to cover fees (~7.5k per annum and even then short). Has anyone any suggestions of where next to go? I'm looking to defer payments for a year until I start work, but as actuary is a fairly well paid job I didn't expect to encounter a lot of difficulty, maybe I was naive in that aspect?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Appreciate the prompt reply!

I was under the impression that one had to have an account with a credit union to avail of a loan, and then you could get a multiple of what you had saved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Thanks draiochtanois,

Rather than meeting a credit union immediately, would I be better to transfer my savings to one and wait a couple of months in order to build up some kind of relationship?

Advertisement