Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I stop Irish Water direct debit?

Options
  • 16-05-2016 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,
    I add direct debit for Irish Water and I would like to stop it. What can I do to prevent any additional charge from them?

Regards,
    Ismael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

ismamai wrote: »
    Hi,
    I add direct debit for Irish Water and I would like to stop it. What can I do to prevent any additional charge from them?

Regards,
    Ismael
    Hi Ismael, thanks for getting in touch.

You can cancel a direct debit using the Sepa direct debit services option on 365 Online (you'll find this in the Online Service Desk area).

If you don't bank online you can still cancel a direct debit by filling in the form available on our website here

Once you give us the instruction to cancel the direct debit we will stop all SEPA Direct Debit payments for
    the unique mandate reference that you supply. You'll also need to inform the company that the payment goes to that you've cancelled your direct debit mandate.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else, thanks.
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ismamai

Hi,

Regards,
    Ismael

You can cancel a direct debit using the Sepa direct debit services option on 365 Online (you'll find this in the Online Service Desk area).

If you don't bank online you can still cancel a direct debit by filling in the form available on our website here

Once you give us the instruction to cancel the direct debit we will stop all SEPA Direct Debit payments for
    the unique mandate reference that you supply. You'll also need to inform the company that the payment goes to that you've cancelled your direct debit mandate.

Nicola
    What option should I select ?

Refusal
    Cancel your Mandate 
    or block/unblock you account for all SEPA direct debits

It is asking me for Creditor Name, Creditor ID and Unique Mandate Reference. Data that I do not know. I have not received a charge yet, but I want to prevent next charge due tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi,

Regards,
    Ismael

Nicola

Refusal
    Cancel your Mandate 

It is asking me for Creditor Name, Creditor ID and Unique Mandate Reference. Data that I do not know. I have not received a charge yet, but I want to prevent next charge due tomorrow
    Hi Ismael, if you want to completely cancel the mandate then you can use the cancel option.

The block option will block ALL direct debit payments on your account, the refuse option can be used to refuse payment of the next direct debit on a particular mandate or to refuse all direct debits for a specific mandate. 

We would need to receive your instruction at least 24 hours beforehand to cancel a direct debit but if a payment comes out of your account tomorrow you can certainly request a refund through our website here

The other information that you need, such as the creditor ID, will be appear on the direct debit transaction but in this case if it hasn't gone out of your account previously then the company collecting the payment will need to provide you with this information. 

I hope this helps, thanks.
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ismamai

Hi,

Regards,
    Ismael

Nicola

Refusal
    Cancel your Mandate 

Hi Ismael, if you want to completely cancel the mandate then you can use the cancel option.

The block option will block ALL direct debit payments on your account, the refuse option can be used to refuse payment of the next direct debit on a particular mandate or to refuse all direct debits for a specific mandate. 

We would need to receive your instruction at least 24 hours beforehand to cancel a direct debit but if a payment comes out of your account tomorrow you can certainly request a refund through our website here

The other information that you need, such as the creditor ID, will be appear on the direct debit transaction but in this case if it hasn't gone out of your account previously then the company collecting the payment will need to provide you with this information. 

I hope this helps, thanks.
    Nicola
    I asked on the BOI web to cancel my next debit charge from Irish Water but I do not know what is my Unique Mandate Reference. I filled the other details for requesting the direct debit. Is there a way to know that number ? I do not have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Ismamai,

The Unique Mandate Reference Number and Creditor Id will be shown in your transaction history. To view this, select the last direct debit to this company in your list of transactions and click on the plus (+) symbol next to that transaction. You will also be given the option to cancel the direct debit from here also. 

If the transaction details are now showing or you have not paid a previous payment to the company via direct debit, you will need to contact the company directly to obtain this information. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Advertisement
Advertisement