Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd official jerseys

• 16-05-2016 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

I saw them today in Sportsworld (Drogheda branch) reduced to €12 for a adult one and €10 for a childs one. The sign said a max of 3 per customer. There were four or five full racks of them when I was there. Right at the top of the escalator.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Great value, them jerseys are the bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Just in case people buy these expecting them to be worn next season, they are being worn for the last time this week (assuming the games do go ahead!)

New home jersey to be released in summer, new away jersey already out.

€10/12 is a great price for those who don't care if a jersey is current or not...other shops not discounting them that heavily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just went into the Navan store, my son's over next week with his baby, bought him the home and away and got a full kit (shirt and shorts) for the baby, 34euro in total

My grandson is gonna be a full kit wanker :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Heatons have them too saved me paying 40 for 2 online that's the kids kitted out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Just got that email a few hours ago:

Handy if ur a Utd fan ;):p

heatons-man-utd-email.jpg

Btw: Are the sportsworld stores being renamed or bought over by sportsdirect?
    Will we be getting cheap (er) deals from them & just click & collect in store?

• Advertisement

If anyone sees a bargain on the black kit please post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just got that email a few hours ago:

Handy if ur a Utd fan ;):p

Btw: Are the sportsworld stores being renamed or bought over by sportsdirect?
    Will we be getting cheap (er) deals from them & just click & collect in store?

Sports Direct have owned Sportsworld for ages.A lot of people try on stuff in sportsworld for sizing and order it from Sports Direct for cheaper.

zerks wrote: »
    Sports Direct have owned Sportsworld for ages.A lot of people try on stuff in sportsworld for sizing and order it from Sports Direct for cheaper.

I didn't know that, although both have similar colours, but vastly different prices :rolleyes:

I was in Heatons last week & they had some stock at 1/2 price from upstairs at Sportsworld as i got a pair of Karrimor boots from SportsDirect for about €26 (RRP €80?) when there was a 20% going a good while back!

I had noticed one's similar afaik Hi-Tec & had asked the staff & found out that someone had gone off with the other shoe :eek: & a few people had come in as well with the wrong sizes in the boxes as well:rolleyes:

If this is the new rebranded site, will postage be cheaper or just get it sent to the store, as they have click & collect in UK stores!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Gatling wrote: »

Blacks not being sold in this deal. All gone apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I didn't know that, although both have similar colours, but vastly different prices :rolleyes:

I was in Heatons last week & they had some stock at 1/2 price from upstairs at Sportsworld as i got a pair of Karrimor boots from SportsDirect for about €26 (RRP €80?) when there was a 20% going a good while back!

I had noticed one's similar afaik Hi-Tec & had asked the staff & found out that someone had gone off with the other shoe :eek: & a few people had come in as well with the wrong sizes in the boxes as well:rolleyes:

If this is the new rebranded site, will postage be cheaper or just get it sent to the store, as they have click & collect in UK stores!
    I'm always wary of SW and the RRP 's they quote. Some of their stuff is good value, cheap and cheerful, but never in a million years are they worth what they say the RRP is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Tinie wrote: »

Careful now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

I seen a few black tops for €15 in Heaton's Roscommon but there was no chevy logo on them just UTD badge
    still over 100 of the red and white ones available less than an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

I'm always wary of SW and the RRP 's they quote. Some of their stuff is good value, cheap and cheerful, but never in a million years are they worth what they say the RRP is.

Apologies for going off topic, but there was an excellent Dispatches on Sports Direct a while back. They bought up a load of established sports brand names (Lonsdale, Slazenger, etc), manufacture the goods themselves in Far East and ship them back with sale labels on them already, including "RRP"s crossed out. Of course they were never on sale anywhere for the RRP, but makes punters feel like they're getting a bargain. Show may still be available on All 4, well worth a look if you can find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

[QUOTE=If this is the new rebranded site, will postage be cheaper or just get it sent to the store, as they have click & collect in UK stores![/QUOTE]

It's not a new site. That has been the Irish SD site for a long time now.

Postage is still €6.99 as goods are shipped from the UK warehouse. No option to send to store. Also, there is no option to return to store if you purchase online.

Heatons used to have free delivery to store but that appears to be gone. Wife had some items selected to purchase last night only to find that the €6.99 Sports Direct P&P was being applied.

Thought this whole re-branding exercise might be good for the consumer but doesn't appear so at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Given some of the replies on this post I thought this was topical: -

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/mike-ashleys-sports-direct-firm-buys-boyers-department-store-for-125m-34727389.html

A company controlled by Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is said to have bought the former Boyers department store in central Dublin, in a deal estimated at €12.5m.

Retailer Sports Direct is believed to have bought the property from developer Noel Smyth. Boyers closed its doors in January with the loss of 83 direct or concession-based jobs.

Mr Smyth and his Fitzwiliam Finance Partners made the decision to sell Boyers and will focus his concentration on Arnotts, which he took control of last year in the same deal that saw him take a controlling interest in Boyers as well.
    Sports Direct is believed to have beaten off competition from the likes of Aldi and Lidl to take on the store. The company had been reported to be interested in taking a stake in the defunct Clerys department store nearby, but instead has taken on all of Boyers.

While Mr Ashley has been involved in Ireland since taking a 50pc stake in the Heatons chain, he does not have any Sports Direct stores in the Republic at present.

Mr Ashley has earned notoriety in both business and football circles through the years. His ownership of Newcastle has been criticised regularly - the club has just been relegated from the Premier League - while Sports Direct has been accused of treating staff poorly.

Last December Sports Direct said it would pay above the UK minimum wage after a newspaper investigation showed staff being forced to spend unpaid time being searched at the end of shifts and penalties for clocking in as little as one minute late.

He has also been involved in a long running stand off with UK politicians about whether he should appear before a parliamentary committee to be questioned about Sports Direct’s work practices including zero hours contracts.

I read something regarding that, by yer wan who has teh new RTE program on saving money, i've recorded it, but yet to watch it.
    ahlookit wrote: »
    Apologies for going off topic, but there was an excellent Dispatches on Sports Direct a while back. They bought up a load of established sports brand names (Lonsdale, Slazenger, etc), manufacture the goods themselves in Far East and ship them back with sale labels on them already, including "RRP"s crossed out. Of course they were never on sale anywhere for the RRP, but makes punters feel like they're getting a bargain. Show may still be available on All 4, well worth a look if you can find it.

I seen that on ch4, quite a while ago, coincidentally it was after the 20% that was on here, but it was a revealing documentary on that & shocked a lot of people outside shopping when told of it!

As Mike Ashley's a cute hoor in that he has advertisment hoardings all over his stadium & doesn't pay his own club for it, while others pay for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thanks OP, got one in Navan yesterday :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Supposed to be offering the same deal on the Celtic jersey on Monday and the Chelsea one afterwards I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭seanl77

Anyone know if they were available in heatons? Or did it have to be a sports world branch? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

I would imagine most ManU fans would be supporting Leicester nxt season.

• Advertisement

seanl77 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they were available in heatons? Or did it have to be a sports world branch? Thanks

No heatons have them too ,
    2 stores in tallaght had the red and white kits

seanl77 wrote: »

The dual shop in Charlestown have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Saw the celtic Jersey in heatons today for 12. Didn't have my size though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I would imagine most ManU fans would be supporting Leicester nxt season.

Don't be silly, we jumped ship after Christmas:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

deadybai wrote: »

Was it only the Man U and Celtic jerseys on offer?

Where are the Celtic jerseys being sold for 12?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Where are the Celtic jerseys being sold for 12?

Heatons,deliveries to stores only started yesterday,I was told all stores will have Celtic and Chelsea shirts by midweek next week.

zerks wrote: »
    Heatons,deliveries to stores only started yesterday,I was told all stores will have Celtic and Chelsea shirts by midweek next week.

I heard the same. Charlestown said Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

chasm wrote:

Yeah heaps of United home and away jerseys. Only a few celtic ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Kat1170 wrote:
    Wild Fishing with Henry Gilby's, Fishing on the Edge, a good few of his programmes are filmed in Ireland ....

testicles wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Possibly not but I'd say the saw dust in your head might be a better bet for making fire.
    Try rubbing a few sticks off your head and see what happens....
    Let us know how you get on please

Yeah heaps of United home and away jerseys. Only a few celtic ones

Thanks, must have a look in my local store, my Dad would love a Celtic one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

Got one today and got van gone printed on the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭dave oc

Anyone know if there's any white away jerseys left in north Dublin branches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Plenty in Limerick.

Any spotted he chelsea and Celtic jerseys on offer yet? None in my local

Any spotted he chelsea and Celtic jerseys on offer yet? None in my local

Yes in Childers road Limerick, plenty Man U home away, good lot Celtic, and about half dozen Chelsea away big sizes.

Neither Celtic nor Chelsea jerseys reduced in SportsWorld Blanchardstown as of yesterday. United away jerseys only in size 13-14 IIRC. Plenty of United home jerseys but no adult sizes.

Staff did indicate that more are expected in today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yes in Childers road Limerick, plenty Man U home away, good lot Celtic, and about half dozen Chelsea away big sizes.

Where exactly? I was in there yesterday and just saw kids one on the ground floor, and more near the escalators at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

There was 4 or 5 racks of them in Heatons , Tullamore on Saturday. Got 3, 2 for me and 1 for the young fella.

SportsWorld Blanchardstown have restocked apparently. Wife was up there in the last hour. Good range of adult jerseys in both home & away available.

chrislad wrote: »
    Where exactly? I was in there yesterday and just saw kids one on the ground floor, and more near the escalators at the top.

That's where they were this morning, fella seemed to be busying himself stocking the rails.

Gatling wrote: »

€36 on sportsdirect website:

http://www.sportsdirect.com/adidas-manchester-united-third-shirt-2015-2016-377600?colcode=37760044

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's where they were this morning, fella seemed to be busying himself stocking the rails.

Thanks. I popped in at lunch and got the last medium away, and they have a few large home ones, so I got that too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Had anybody spotted the Liverpool shirts yet?

Celtic & Chelsea (H&A) jerseys all added to the mix this morning in Blanchardstown at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Heatons in Carrickmines have loads of Man Utd Home & Away jerseys at €12 with kids jerseys for €5.
    2 racks just inside door earlier today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Any sign of these deals happening again this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Probably in another week or two. They are changing all jerseys again this summer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement