Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any cat owners using Canagan?

• 16-05-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭

My seven year old cat has been on Royal Canin Indoor Longhair for years now, but my local pet shop is now switching to Canagan. I'm open to the change, as it has less grains in it, but I've never heard of it before so I'm just looking for feedback.

From a quick search here, I can see posts about the dog food, but nothing about the cat food. Is it a decent brand, or are there other suggestions? Ideally anything to reduce smelly poops and hairballs!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We supplement our cats wet food with the Canagan Grain Free Chicken. Out cat loves it, when we tried to switch to something a bit cheaper she got a bad tummy so we're definitely stickiing with Canagans for now. The only downside is the price :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I give Canagan to my dog (obviously not the cat food!) and she's thriving on it- tonnes of energy, shiny coat and eyes etc.
    They have the wet and dry cat food in my local pet shop and it always seems to be a good seller.

Sorry, I know you've asked specifically about the cat food, but the ingredients on both the cat and dog food in Canagan look very good and I think less grain is always good. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Yeah it's high quality stuff, I bought a bag of the chicken once and my cats loved it. I just couldn't bear the smell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shivi111

Funnily enough, I tried this for my guys who are also on Royal Canin and they weren't interested in it, so we switched back. I thought it looked very good quality but a bit expensive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Yeah it looks like good stuff so I've decided to try it. Bought a small(ish) bag a few days ago, and mixed a bit of it in with her regular food. The little madam is turning her nose up at it! She hates change... I'm going to keep at it for a while though. Just small bits so hopefully she can get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Yeah it's high quality stuff, I bought a bag of the chicken once and my cats loved it. I just couldn't bear the smell :(

Most high quality food has a small, I wouldn't stop feeding something that is much, much better for my pets just because of the smell however ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Alicat, could you give it to her as a treat to get her used to the 'change'?

These fussy animals cost us poor humans a fortune rejecting new superior foods we buy them!! My dogs rejected the Canagan dry dog food - and they dont reject much :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Good idea, but she even turns her nose up at most treats! Spoiled brat is what I've raised...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Most high quality food has a small, I wouldn't stop feeding something that is much, much better for my pets just because of the smell however ....

I still feed them high quality food, just not this one. The smell is much worse than the others IMHO.

Advertisement