Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

Yes I've met both sergeant and super in the last few months. All my references have been contacted except for my employer it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

Mowley wrote: »
    Yes I've met both sergeant and super in the last few months. All my references have been contacted except for my employer it seems.

Cheers for the reply Mowley. Suppose like everyone else, I'll just sit tight and wait ðŸ˜႒

What stage are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

Mowley wrote: »
    What stage are you at?

I have my medical at the start of March, none of my references have been contacted yet. Do you know if your references were contacted via email, phone or both?

Phone. Before the medical. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

I have my medical at the start of March, none of my references have been contacted yet. Do you know if your references were contacted via email, phone or both?

Your reference’s get contacted by your local station so generally don’t get the call until after the local meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

Another question, how strict are they on BMI, like mine is just under 30 at the moment and it’s gonna be impossible for me to get to 25, I have large muscle bulk mainly my legs. In gym a lot and to
    Be honest gonna be very hard to lose much more weight as I haven’t a huge amount of fat on me. BMI is a load of nonsence to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Crowlers wrote: »
    Another question, how strict are they on BMI, like mine is just under 30 at the moment and it’s gonna be impossible for me to get to 25, I have large muscle bulk mainly my legs. In gym a lot and to
    Be honest gonna be very hard to lose much more weight as I haven’t a huge amount of fat on me. BMI is a load of nonsence to be fair

Yes it is nonsense but its one of the conditions of entry and is the same for everyone. Once your under 30 BMI your safe, You seem to know what your at in the gym burn up a few calories just to make sure.

leestone wrote: »
    Yes it is nonsense but its one of the conditions of entry and is the same for everyone. Once your under 30 BMI your safe, You seem to know what your at in the gym burn up a few calories just to make sure.

Yeah true, Haven’t my date yet so should have plenty of time to keep it down below 30 and try get it as far down as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kerryman90

Hey I've got my medical tommorow up in Dublin. Does anyone know how long it takes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 DublinGuy84

Kerryman90 wrote: »
    Hey I've got my medical tommorow up in Dublin. Does anyone know how long it takes?

The medical itself is brief enough. Probably 20 mins with the nurse and 10 mins with the doctor. Although be prepared to wait around...could be a couple of hours wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

I was in and out within an hour but there was people there before me who were still waiting when I was finished

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Isiheather00

The medical itself is brief enough. Probably 20 mins with the nurse and 10 mins with the doctor. Although be prepared to wait around...could be a couple of hours wait.

Hey I'm in medical also tomorrow really stupid question but is it just tracksuit and bring id or is there more specifics I should have or wear?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 36 DublinGuy84

Hey I'm in medical also tomorrow really stupid question but is it just tracksuit and bring id or is there more specifics I should have or wear?
    Thanks in advance

Yea wear comfortable clothing. Your gp contact details also if I remember right.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

Thanks in advance

Yeah I just wore a tracksuit and you just need your gps phone number and name! And bring ID too. Good luck with it!!

Sue93 wrote: »
    Yeah I just wore a tracksuit and you just need your gps phone number and name! And bring ID too. Good luck with it!!

Thanks a mill. Sorry to sound thick but gps phone number and name what's that? ðŸ˜

Thanks a mill. Sorry to sound thick but gps phone number and name what's that? ðŸ˜

Sorry I just realised your talking about my doctor so sorry for the stupid question 🀣🀣🀣

Hey just did the medical, everything went well but i've been deferred due to a opticians report. Does anyone know if this puts much of a delay on the process??

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Hi guys I had my medical in January, I’m just wondering. Who ever has done their medical around that time heard dates for their physical yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Hey just did the medical, everything went well but i've been deferred due to a opticians report. Does anyone know if this puts much of a delay on the process??

For me it was 3 months from the date of my medical before i was then certified, and got pct invite. Then again i dropped my relevant report in within hours of the actual medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 redpuma

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    Hi guys I had my medical in January, I’m just wondering. Who ever has done their medical around that time heard dates for their physical yet ?

I had the medical in January and met with the local sergeant also, but have got no word of meeting with superintendent or PCT yet. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

redpuma wrote: »
    I had the medical in January and met with the local sergeant also, but have got no word of meeting with superintendent or PCT yet. Hope this helps

Yeah I’ve also met with my local sergeant. At least I’m not the only waiting to hear more

• Registered Users Posts: 31 redpuma

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    Yeah I’ve also met with my local sergeant. At least I’m not the only waiting to hear more

Did you hear anything back about meeting with the Superintendent?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ldaw96

Does the local sergeant contact by phone call? Mine still hasn’t!

What was the opticians report for? And why ya need it ?

What was the opticians report for? And why ya need it ?

It was just to check if i need to get glasses basically. Its just a nuisance really

It was just to check if i need to get glasses basically. Its just a nuisance really

I wear glasses hopefully I won’t need to do
    Something like that or get deferred for anything :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twyford5vale

What seems to be the closest someones been called for physical after their medical? Im assuming you get a similar amount of notice of date/time before hand too , like previous stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DWD95

I wear glasses hopefully I won’t need to do
    Something like that or get deferred for anything :/
    Failed my medical last year because of my eyesight but had an idea because I wear glasses all day everyday. Chose to have laser eye surgery and was given 6 months to have it and resume my application. You've to allow 6 weeks post-op before being a date for your physical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Medical also done in January,References all contacted, met with sergeant there yesterday. Heard my Superintendent is retiring in 4 weeks so will have met with him before that. Good to see things are moving slowly but surely.

Advertisement