Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

redpuma wrote: »
    Did you hear anything back about meeting with the Superintendent?

Nope not a thing yet unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Ldaw96 wrote: »
    Does the local sergeant contact by phone call? Mine still hasn’t!

Yeah they will ring you

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

Have my medical next week, I wear glasses for driving and to watch TV. It says on the medical acceptance that if your eyesight isn't 6/6, you pass if you can correct your sight to 6/9 with the aid of glasses or contacts, do they allow you to wear glasses at the medical and if not, how do they know that your sight can be corrected to 6/9?
    I'm also bringing an eye sight report with me from specsavers, would they look at this and pass me? Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Have my medical next week, I wear glasses for driving and to watch TV. It says on the medical acceptance that if your eyesight isn't 6/6, you pass if you can correct your sight to 6/9 with the aid of glasses or contacts, do they allow you to wear glasses at the medical and if not, how do they know that your sight can be corrected to 6/9?
    I'm also bringing an eye sight report with me from specsavers, would they look at this and pass me? Thanks lads

Bring your glasses in with you, he’ll prob ask you to put them on. I would be similar enough to you, only wear glasses for driving and the odd time for tv. I was on the border when I went in to get an eye test but passed on the day with the aid of the glasses. I did update my prescription though so just make sure your lens are up to date.

kerryman85 wrote: »
    Bring your glasses in with you, he’ll prob ask you to put them on. I would be similar enough to you, only wear glasses for driving and the odd time for tv. I was on the border when I went in to get an eye test but passed on the day with the aid of the glasses. I did update my prescription though so just make sure your lens are up to date.

Thanks Kerryman85. I had the eyes tested last July and have the report here with me to bring up, the report is valid up to 2 years and the glasses I have now give me perfect vision. Best of luck to you and thanks for the reply!

• Advertisement

kerryman85 wrote: »

Thanks Kerryman85. I had the eyes tested last July and have the report here with me to bring up, the report is valid up to 2 years and the glasses I have now give me perfect vision. Best of luck to you and thanks for the reply!

Any idea as to who the latest intake in the college was? Any of the 2017 campaign gone in yet or due in?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Any idea as to who the latest intake in the college was? Any of the 2017 campaign gone in yet or due in?

Definitely not our campaign yet .... I reckon they will be taking us from July/August earliest

AniaSz wrote: »
    Definitely not our campaign yet .... I reckon they will be taking us from July/August earliest

That's what I'm thinking myself, at the moment I'm in the third group so prob looking around February 2019. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DeHorse88

That's what I'm thinking myself, at the moment I'm in the third group so prob looking around February 2019. Cheers!

What you mean the third group??

• Advertisement

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    What you mean the third group??[/quote

For the moment anyways, my order of merit is below 600, first 200 go in first, then 200-400 go in, then 400-600 go in? Is that not the way it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    What you mean the third group??[/quote

For the moment anyways, my order of merit is below 600, first 200 go in first, then 200-400 go in, then 400-600 go in? Is that not the way it works?

No i dont think thats right, OOM doesnt mean much now cos everyone will have different factors ie delay in vetting, defering, medicals different date. Sure im 600s and i had my medical done way before some in the 300 and 400s.

Again i might not be right but i dont think its in groups like u said

Ruairi93 wrote: »

No i dont think thats right, OOM doesnt mean much now cos everyone will have different factors ie delay in vetting, defering, medicals different date. Sure im 600s and i had my medical done way before some in the 300 and 400s.

Again i might not be right but i dont think its in groups like u said

I'd love it if you were right!!
    Maybe someone can shed a bit of light on it for us? I thought oom kicks in again later on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MrPaudieQ

Ruairi93 wrote: »

I'd love it if you were right!!
    Maybe someone can shed a bit of light on it for us? I thought oom kicks in again later on though.

I think OOM does play a factor in intakes, however its not the top 200 OOM that would be intaken but the top 200 OOM that have all stages complete and vetting signed off. So you could be 243 OOM but still get into the first intake because the 43 people in the top 200 don’t have all stages completed.

However it won’t be as simple as that. June campaign will run into the end of the september 16 campaign so what you could find is that in a certain intake you could have 160 September 16 and 40 June 17.

So its hard to say when you will be in without knowing whats left to be intaken

Hope this helps a little

Regards

P

That's exactly my thinking on it, you explained it a lot better than I did ðŸ˜႒ I suppose the next question here so is does anybody know how many of 2016 campaign qualifiers are left to enter?
    Appreciate the reply!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Hi All. OOM was 340s and had my interview in Sept. Called the HRM several times and have been told that my vetting is with an egency currently. ANy idea of the time frame to get my medical date. They did ask for a few more details on my Form B such as Aunties and Uncles work history etc... thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

Hi all.. has anyone passed medical with BMI over 30.. height and weight test im 30.9 i think this is the one they do, but on a proper test im 25.. im 16.5 stone 6ft but im not fat anyone have any ideas or do i need to hit the sauna for the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

22832 wrote: »
    Hi all.. has anyone passed medical with BMI over 30.. height and weight test im 30.9 i think this is the one they do, but on a proper test im 25.. im 16.5 stone 6ft but im not fat anyone have any ideas or do i need to hit the sauna for the next few days

To pass on the day you have to be below 30, unfortunately they don’t take any other measurements in to account besides weight and height. You’d want to be losing close to 1 stone to pass the BMI part of medical based on what you mentioned. Otherwise you’ll be deferred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kth135

Wonder will the medicals go ahead this week if weather comes as predicted?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

kth135 wrote: »
    Wonder will the medicals go ahead this week if weather comes as predicted?

Was wondering the same. I’d hate to have to reschedule it. God knows how long we’d be waiting to be called again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    Hi All. OOM was 340s and had my interview in Sept. Called the HRM several times and have been told that my vetting is with an egency currently. ANy idea of the time frame to get my medical date. They did ask for a few more details on my Form B such as Aunties and Uncles work history etc... thanks in advance

My oom was low 50s I had my interview the first week in Sept and only did my medical the first week in February, I was similar there was problems with addresses on my form B but I spoke to HRM on a Friday and the following Monday i had a medical date, they contacted me in relation to the problem but if I was you I would contact them again! Beat of luck!!

Anyone get email that medical might be called off because of weather??

Ya I did, they will let us know tomorrow.

Ya got one aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twyford5vale

ya got an email too , hopefully they are not , could be waiting awhile for a reschedule, exact same thing happened for my interview was the day of hurricane ophelia and took 7 weeks for a reschedule

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AG63

Just got an email to confirm medicals down for Wednesday 28th and Thursday 1st March are cancelled. Just my luck.

AG63 wrote: »
    Just got an email to confirm medicals down for Wednesday 28th and Thursday 1st March are cancelled. Just my luck.

Ya me too, just cancelled my train. Wonder how long we will be waiting for new dates, hope it's not months

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twyford5vale

id say we will at least be a month waiting for a reschedule

Did anyone ring to confirm email??

• Advertisement

Did anyone ring to confirm email??

Yep I rang

Advertisement