Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

kth135 wrote: »
    Yep I rang

I rang the second I got the email, the girl on the other end didn't know anything about the cancellation but said she would note that I called, I emailed them then just to be safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kth135

I rang the second I got the email, the girl on the other end didn't know anything about the cancellation but said she would note that I called, I emailed them then just to be safe

I was talking to some man he just said they would be in contact with a new date

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Has anyone past the medical? Or heard anything about the physical??

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭weetabix12345

Got my results from my interview before Xmas haven’t heard anything about medical yet, went to the open day alright.
    Is there anyone here on the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twyford5vale

you heard from your local station yet? i had mine just at end of november and just got scheduled for medical this thur 1st march , got about 3 weeks notice . you should hear soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 MC1408

OOM 667
    Interview 13/12/17
    Results 19/12/17

I did hear anything apart from open day at end of January. Didn’t have meeting with Sergeant or Super yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twyford5vale

OOM in the 410's
    Interview 22/11/17
    Results 29/11/17

Medical 01/03/18 (called of because of snow) but i got invite the 5th of February

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Got my physical date this afternoon.

It said to bring a pen and paper on the day why is that ?

Also during the test can you bring a bottle of water in with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

leestone wrote: »

I can't answer your question about the pen and paper but you're defo allowed the water. Do you mind telling me when you done your medical and what date is your physical? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bmdundrum

Great news you got a date for your physical, do you mind me asking at what stage of the process are you at, what is your OOM no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 CheekJones

You will have to fill in a form on the day. Don't really need the paper but they have only a few pens.

CheekJones wrote: »
    You will have to fill in a form on the day. Don't really need the paper but they have only a few pens.

For the sit ups does your elbows just need to reach your knees?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CheekJones

For the sit ups does your elbows just need to reach your knees?

Elbows to knees, shoulderblades to floor. I went a bit past (the knees :P) just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spara83

Hey Guys. How many have had their PCTs cancelled due to the weather? And has anyone received an alternative date yet ? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Medical done in January, met with Sergeant and Super over the last 2 weeks. Just waiting for a poxy date for the physical

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    Medical done in January, met with Sergeant and Super over the last 2 weeks. Just waiting for a poxy date for the physical

I'm the same. Only I got deferred due to my eyesight. So a week after the medical I got the laser eye surgery and I think my 6 week post op report falls somewhere in the middle of March. If anyone has any questions about the procedure, pricing, pain etc feel free to ask as I'm not great with procedures myself so I knew I had loads of questions but I never asked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

I'm the same. Only I got deferred due to my eyesight. So a week after the medical I got the laser eye surgery and I think my 6 week post op report falls somewhere in the middle of March. If anyone has any questions about the procedure, pricing, pain etc feel free to ask as I'm not great with procedures myself so I knew I had loads of questions but I never asked :)

How much did it cost and where did u get it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    How much did it cost and where did u get it done?

It cost me 3,490€ and I got the procedure done in Optilase in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Just got a call from one of my references saying he got a call this morning from my local station. I’m still waiting for a medical date. Should I be expecting an email for a date soon? At what stage were other people’s references contacted?
    OOM in the 250s.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Medical done. Local sergeant met and superintendent met. Does anyone know how long I could be waiting for physical date ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

Rparker17 wrote: »
    Just got a call from one of my references saying he got a call this morning from my local station. I’m still waiting for a medical date. Should I be expecting an email for a date soon? At what stage were other people’s references contacted?
    OOM in the 250s.

You should get an email soon..i passed interview in October had medical in November and did physical just a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mowley

Mowley wrote: »
    You should get an email soon..i passed interview in October had medical in November and did physical just a few weeks ago.

References were contacted very soon after meeting the sergeant.

Two quick questions in the beep test I need level 8.1 so basically is that just shuttle run of level 8

Secondly is there much time between beep test and sit ups etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭diddlybo

Two quick questions in the beep test I need level 8.1 so basically is that just shuttle run of level 8

Secondly is there much time between beep test and sit ups etc

Yeah you have to get to level 8 and then do 20m more. You get about 8 to 10 minutes in between your beep test and sit ups. Then around 35 to 45 min before the assault course and push pull.

diddlybo wrote: »
    Yeah you have to get to level 8 and then do 20m more. You get about 8 to 10 minutes in between your beep test and sit ups. Then around 35 to 45 min before the assault course and push pull.

Cheers did it there this evening fairly routine even with a head cold and tight hamstring.

Sit ups is my worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Loulou4

Hi guys.. just wondering about the beep test. Physical next week, but worried about it. Any tips? I've to get to 7.6 and last time I did it which was a few weeks I got to nearly 6. I've been doing a lot of interval training on the treadmill and going to try the beep test again tomorrow. When we went to Templemore I know that there's not many intervals in the first 2 levels of the beep test. All advice appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭diddlybo

Cheers did it there this evening fairly routine even with a head cold and tight hamstring.

Sit ups is my worry.

I found the best way to do the sit ups is to break them up in your head. Instead of counting up to 32, do 3 sets of 10. Mentally it seems to make it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spara83

Loulou4 wrote: »
    Hi guys.. just wondering about the beep test. Physical next week, but worried about it. Any tips? I've to get to 7.6 and last time I did it which was a few weeks I got to nearly 6. I've been doing a lot of interval training on the treadmill and going to try the beep test again tomorrow. When we went to Templemore I know that there's not many intervals in the first 2 levels of the beep test. All advice appreciated
    First things first - don't panic ! 7.6 is achievable but you need to push your limits. I'd say do it tomorrow again trying to get to that level. Relax in the early stages and try to keep your breathing nice and calm. Then push it out at the end. Just remember if you do it once you'll do it again on the day :) See you Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

For people who had their medical dates cancelled last week, I don't suppose anybody has heard anything yet or been in touch with HRM and might have heard something?

Nope just another wait but got call from local Sgt yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

22832 wrote: »
    Nope just another wait but got call from local Sgt yesterday

Not so bad so, do you mind me asking you roughly where in the oom are you, if not, don't worry about it, just want to see if I can Gage where I'm at, cheers!

Advertisement