Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

DeHorse88 wrote: »
    Anyone get email for Fitness Test today?? I got mind today for next Tuesday at 3:30. It's not much notice but luckily I've a good bit done for it. Only done medical first week of February so it's come round quick for me. OOM 501

My Oom is 501 as well and had my medical 1st of Feb but still no info about PCT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭shaunerz

Anyone get email for Fitness Test today?? I got mind today for next Tuesday at 3:30. It's not much notice but luckily I've a good bit done for it. Only done medical first week of February so it's come round quick for me. OOM 501

Have you had your station interviews yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

You got it for next Tuesday as in the 20th of March? That's very little notice!! I did my physical on the first of Feb oom in the 50s and still haven't heard anything. Best of luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭DeHorse88

Sue93 wrote: »
    You got it for next Tuesday as in the 20th of March? That's very little notice!! I did my physical on the first of Feb oom in the 50s and still haven't heard anything. Best of luck!!!

I've only met the Seargent still waiting to hear from Superintendant. Yep 20th March extremely short notice but I'm delighted. Hopefully meet the Super soon and I'll be in with a shout of the July batch. What are you waiting to hear back from??

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

I've only met the Seargent still waiting to hear from Superintendant. Yep 20th March extremely short notice but I'm delighted. Hopefully meet the Super soon and I'll be in with a shout of the July batch. What are you waiting to hear back from??

God that's unbelievable but feck it it's a relief to get it I'm sick waiting for an email I'll have awful hardship getting it off work so I'm hoping to have some notice other wise I'll have to get a cert. I'm just waiting to do my physical I have my medical done and i have met the sergeantal and the super so hopefully I'll get a date soon. When did you do your medical? I'm hoping for July too but it's prob doubtful. Best of luck with the physical

I just realised in my first post to u I said I did my physical I'm February I ment to say my medical! Sorry 😂🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

do mind me asking around what time of the day you got the email? silly question I know but I waiting for a date also for my physical and I want to keep a eye out on my emails thanks

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    do mind me asking around what time of the day you got the email? silly question I know but I waiting for a date also for my physical and I want to keep a eye out on my emails thanks

I got it at 12:30 yesterday so around same time as now. I actually know one of the fitness instructors inside who's bringing me in later fir a run through the test. Their fitness testing inside later on this evening too so I reckon their doing it on Tuesdays. I'll find out some info later on what days they do them on and post it up. For people waiting for Physical I wouldn't be expecting much more notice than a week.

I got it at 12:30 yesterday so around same time as now. I actually know one of the fitness instructors inside who's bringing me in later fir a run through the test. Their fitness testing inside later on this evening too so I reckon their doing it on Tuesdays. I'll find out some info later on what days they do them on and post it up. For people waiting for Physical I wouldn't be expecting much more notice than a week.
    Perfect thanks a million... everything else I have done met super and local sergeant it’s annoying waiting around but thanks a million for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Megan7290

Fitness tests are on Saturday at 9am or Tuesday at 15:30

I'm just back from doin mock PCT. I know one of the instructors inside. He was telling me that their under serious pressure inside that all results from today have to be back to HRM by 9:00 tonight. He said they are 100 short for the April Intake at the moment. He was saying I had a slight chance of April but looking good for July. I'm from June 2017 campaign OOM 501. Fitness Tests being done on Sat and Tuesdays now as result of pressure they are under. Expect a week or 2 weeks notice max.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Just passed today wasn’t the worst nerves got me through and everyone else there was a great support and good to see people helping each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Shanyban

I got a date for PCT by phone call today for next Tuesday 20th. Very short notice but I should be fine hopefully. Seems like the instructors weren't lying at the open day when they said don't be surprised if you get a date at short notice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Shanyban wrote: »
    I got a date for PCT by phone call today for next Tuesday 20th. Very short notice but I should be fine hopefully. Seems like the instructors weren't lying at the open day when they said don't be surprised if you get a date at short notice!

Good luck had mine yesterday some people got a call Friday last to be in for Tuesday. If your any way fit it’s grand

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭AniaSz

Shanyban wrote: »

What is your oom and when you had your interview ?? I had mine and of November,medical 1st Feb and still no info about PCT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Shanyban

AniaSz wrote: »
    What is your oom and when you had your interview ?? I had mine and of November,medical 1st Feb and still no info about PCT

Mid 500's, Interview late November, Medical early Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Got a medical date this morning for the second week in April. Meeting the sergeant today or tomorrow.
    Can anyone clarify for the medical my eyesight does not meet the requirement without glasses/contacts. But it does wearing them. Will I fail?

Is anyone else who did medical in late January still waiting on a date for PCT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ladybosskerry

Hhxxsteph:

still waiting on pct date, medical end of jan, meetings with seargent and super done.

Hhxxsteph:

still waiting on pct date, medical end of jan, meetings with seargent and super done.

I’m the exact same. Met them both also . This waiting around is a killer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Got a medical date this morning for the second week in April. Meeting the sergeant today or tomorrow.
    Can anyone clarify for the medical my eyesight does not meet the requirement without glasses/contacts. But it does wearing them. Will I fail?

If your vision is below 6/9, 6/12 without glasses, you will be given six months to get laser eye surgery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Hhxxsteph:

In the same boat as you's it's painful being patient

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Holeymoley11

Hi All

I just have a question about BMI. Got the date for the medical and I think I could be a bit of the required BMI. If you are over this will they give you some time to re can figure it like the laser eye surgery thing or its a straight fail

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    In the same boat as you's it's painful being patient

Very painful. I’d just love to get a date to see what I stand

• Registered Users Posts: 33 foam

Just got a date in mid April for my medical. This may be a silly question, but other than I.D. do I need to bring anything else with me?

Thanks

Hi All

I just have a question about BMI. Got the date for the medical and I think I could be a bit of the required BMI. If you are over this will they give you some time to re can figure it like the laser eye surgery thing or its a straight fail

As long as you are under 35, you get 3 months as far as I know.

foam wrote: »
    Just got a date in mid April for my medical. This may be a silly question, but other than I.D. do I need to bring anything else with me?

Thanks
    Name and contact details of your GP.

Then if you have a medical history just letter from GP/consultant saying that you're alright now.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭22832

Have medical this week do you drive in the main gate is there parking inside??

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

22832 wrote: »
    Have medical this week do you drive in the main gate is there parking inside??

I think there is parking across the road but check it out, I was told that for the last medical, I'm just getting the train up now

Hopefully this week hear about PCT date. Medical done since January, sergent and superintendent met. Anyone else in the same boat ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 The Mysterious Stranger

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    Hopefully this week hear about PCT date. Medical done since January, sergent and superintendent met. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Same here, medical in January also.

Advertisement