Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twyford5vale

Im not sure if I heard right at the open date for the PCT that they are only doing them on saturdays, dont know how true that is? Has anyone got appointments mid week? That could be why its so slow

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rover1928

Just wondering re deferring my Physical i haven't received a date yet) broke a bone in my foot last week.

Should i
    A) Hold off and wait for a date then defer (1 life used)?
    B)contact them now and give them a heads up, no lives used but risk been put back to bottom of the file
    C) Remain patient and hope i'm back fit before i get called

Hoping for C myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twyford5vale

Rover1928 wrote: »
    Just wondering re deferring my Physical i haven't received a date yet) broke a bone in my foot last week.

Should i
    B)contact them now and give them a heads up, no lives used but risk been put back to bottom of the file

Hoping for C myself.

Fairly sure you dont lost a life until you actually fail the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Rover1928 wrote: »

Should i

Hoping for C myself.

Wait for your date and then defer, if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭weetabix12345

A friend of my is starting in templemore in the 23rd of April, does anyone know when the meat intake is ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Probably three months after that looking at the way recruitment works in the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JimmySrfc167

Hi Does anyone know the number to ring HRM? Done medical in february and waiting on physical with oom in the 530s?

Also are people getting phone calls or emails about the fitness test? Or both? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Hi Does anyone know the number to ring HRM? Done medical in february and waiting on physical with oom in the 530s?

Also are people getting phone calls or emails about the fitness test? Or both? Thanks

01 6662571:)

Normally it's an email but I have heard of some people receiving a call on short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JimmySrfc167

01 6662571:)

Normally it's an email but I have heard of some people receiving a call on short notice.

Thank you😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Beans21

Does anyone know when the next open day is? Got an invite for a few months ago but was unable to attend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Anyone who’s medical done since January still waiting on PCT date

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭deiseman17

just rang 01 6662571 (appointments) and they said that its the college issue the medical dates, is that correct? and is it worth giving them a call? Passed Interview in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

deiseman17 wrote: »
    just rang 01 6662571 (appointments) and they said that its the college issue the medical dates, is that correct? and is it worth giving them a call? Passed Interview in January.

I passed my interview the first week in September had an oom in the 50s and didn't do my medical untill Feb! Some people seem to get lucky and others have long waits

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

As regards references, did ye find all 5 were contacted or just one or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 shane1983

Regarding the PCT, are they die hard about the alotted time and number of a sit ups etc, or do they give you a margin for error? Same for the beep test if anyone knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

shane1983 wrote: »
    Regarding the PCT, are they die hard about the alotted time and number of a sit ups etc, or do they give you a margin for error? Same for the beep test if anyone knows.

Die hard about the sit ups.

Beep test - if you miss two consecutive beeps, you are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 redpuma

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    Anyone who’s medical done since January still waiting on PCT date

In the same boat as yourself, just awaiting a date for PCT. I emailed HRM about a week ago and they said they can only issue certain dates as there is a large number to go through and only certain timeframes for the PCT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Hey how did you get on with the phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Keenan88

Rang up HRM today to see what’s happened to my application , woman on the phone said I have a provisional date for my medical in April, they just haven’t sent out the emails yet. Hopefully it’s not a long wait to have the physical then

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Isiheather00

Hey just wondering does anyone know when the next open day is for the college?

Did my interview in Sept, Irish in Dec and medical in Feb haven't heard about vetting, the open day or PCT.

Am I the only person to have done very few of the stages. The OOM obviously doesn't mean much at all cause I'm under 20 in June 17 campaign and had to chase for the medical.

This whole process would send u mad 😥

• Advertisement

Did my interview in Sept, Irish in Dec and medical in Feb haven't heard about vetting, the open day or PCT.

Am I the only person to have done very few of the stages. The OOM obviously doesn't mean much at all cause I'm under 20 in June 17 campaign and had to chase for the medical.

Had my interview in October, Irish recently. Waiting on everything else. I think the oom only comes into play when deciding who goes to templemore and everyone has a final ranking. The oom changes as we go through the stages. Top 100 go in first, then the next 100 etc once we have the final pecking order. The pct can send you far up or down the rankings. I jumped up 200 places after my interview but could slip down again on the fitness side of things.

Had my interview in October, Irish recently. Waiting on everything else. I think the oom only comes into play when deciding who goes to templemore and everyone has a final ranking. The oom changes as we go through the stages. Top 100 go in first, then the next 100 etc once we have the final pecking order. The pct can send you far up or down the rankings. I jumped up 200 places after my interview but could slip down again on the fitness side of things.

Your OOM doesn't change after the physical.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Your OOM doesn't change after the physical.

Seriously? Being fit, performing well in the PCT and ranking high doesn’t change the pecking order? Maybe I heard wrong.

Seriously? Being fit, performing well in the PCT and ranking high doesn’t change the pecking order? Maybe I heard wrong.

Nope. You keep the same OOM from your interview right through to entering the college. You done 'get ranked' in the PCT. You either pass or fail.

Ok wasn't sure if OOM changes just haven't heard anything I think I'll contact my references to see if they have been called. Just feel like we are in limbo don't understand y some people are being contacted verses us not. I passed the medical but a lot of others were invited to the open day before that stage.

Nervous to ring hr cause heard they can put your file back on the pile.

Do you know of any open day coming up i heard of some just going down without the invitation think I'll end up doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

I did my Int sept, Irish December and haven’t even had a medical yet. My oom is in the twenties too. We are quite similar. Doing this Irish really slows things down it seems. Did you have to keep emailing/calling about the medical date?

Eddyrio5 wrote: »
    I did my Int sept, Irish December and haven’t even had a medical yet. My oom is in the twenties too. We are quite similar. Doing this Irish really slows things down it seems. Did you have to keep emailing/calling about the medical date?

Yea I think it really has slowed our case. I had to make a reference adjustment to my form b they wouldn't take a work relation. I rang only once in January she said the change hadn't been processed. Wouldn't mind it wasn't to be vetted just verified. Shortly after I got my medical invite.
    It would do no harm to ring and just inquire. Do you know has any of your references been contacted?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

Yea I think it really has slowed our case. I had to make a reference adjustment to my form b they wouldn't take a work relation. I rang only once in January she said the change hadn't been processed. Wouldn't mind it wasn't to be vetted just verified. Shortly after I got my medical invite.
    It would do no harm to ring and just inquire. Do you know has any of your references been contacted?

Emailed them. They just said that once they get dates from occupational health they will be in touch.

No none of my references have been contacted yet. What about you?

Emailed them. They just said that once they get dates from occupational health they will be in touch.

No none of my references have been contacted yet. What about you?

They won’t bother with references until medical and physical are passed. They told me on the phone last week they haven’t received my Irish results from public appointments and it’s impossible to put a timeframe on anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 AG63

Lads. When ye meet the sergeant of your local station, he/she then contacts your references. That's how it worked for me anyway. I did mine a few weeks back and that afternoon my references were contacted. That sergeant then sends your recommendation to the superintendent and you meet them and they sign off on you. That's how it's working out for me anyway. I have the medical done and waiting for fitness test.

Advertisement