Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

AG63 wrote: »
    Lads. When ye meet the sergeant of your local station, he/she then contacts your references. That's how it worked for me anyway. I did mine a few weeks back and that afternoon my references were contacted. That sergeant then sends your recommendation to the superintendent and you meet them and they sign off on you. That's how it's working out for me anyway. I have the medical done and waiting for fitness test.

When i met with the sergeant he had contacted one of my references the week before and contacted my garda ref the night before and was waiting to hear back from another reference. Then met the super the following week. Same as you medical waiting for PCT. So its different for everybody else

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

AG63 wrote: »
    Lads. When ye meet the sergeant of your local station, he/she then contacts your references. That's how it worked for me anyway. I did mine a few weeks back and that afternoon my references were contacted. That sergeant then sends your recommendation to the superintendent and you meet them and they sign off on you. That's how it's working out for me anyway. I have the medical done and waiting for fitness test.
    I'm in the same boat as you. Sent off my 6 week report for laser eye surgery and met both sergeant and super who said my references and family all check out. Waiting on pct.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

shane1983 wrote: »
    Eddyrio5 wrote: »
    Emailed them. They just said that once they get dates from occupational health they will be in touch.

No none of my references have been contacted yet. What about you?

They won’t bother with references until medical and physical are passed. They told me on the phone last week they haven’t received my Irish results from public appointments and it’s impossible to put a timeframe on anything

When did you do your Irish? I thought garda HQ wouldnt even bother with your file until they receive Irish results.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Beans21

I passed my interview in September heard nothing up until a month ago when I met the sergeant and last week I met with the Inspector. Don’t have medical or pct date yet, the wait is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ldaw96

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    When i met with the sergeant he had contacted one of my references the week before and contacted my garda ref the night before and was waiting to hear back from another reference. Then met the super the following week. Same as you medical waiting for PCT. So its different for everybody else

What did the super ask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

Met my local Sergeant last Wednesday, Did my medical and passed last thursday and now I'm waiting on a superintendents interview and physical, is it normally a week or 2 between the Sergeant interview and superintendent interview?

Ldaw96 wrote: »
    What did the super ask?

He just asked why i wanted to be in the guards, what i have been up to etc. Went through all my family i had down on my form. It was fine really, ive never been in trouble before so it was all straightforward enough.

Met my local Sergeant last Wednesday, Did my medical and passed last thursday and now I'm waiting on a superintendents interview and physical, is it normally a week or 2 between the Sergeant interview and superintendent interview?

Yea mine was about a week

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

Hey guys, quick question. Have any of ye had a medical that your BMI was over 25 and under 30? If so what happened and what other tests are done and what does your body fat % have to be to pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shape

Crowlers wrote: »
    Hey guys, quick question. Have any of ye had a medical that your BMI was over 25 and under 30? If so what happened and what other tests are done and what does your body fat % have to be to pass?

Think BMI just has to be 30 or below

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

Is there anyone else still waiting on PCT date ? I’ve medical done since January anyone else on the same boat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shape

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    Is there anyone else still waiting on PCT date ? I’ve medical done since January anyone else on the same boat ?

Still waiting myself did medical in January.
    Does anyone have a pct date got that’s in the next few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doncop

Anyone able to say roughly how long the meetings with the seargent and super take? Have both mines in the one day so just want to be prepared time wise

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

Shape wrote: »
    Still waiting myself did medical in January.
    Does anyone have a pct date got that’s in the next few weeks?

I have my physical next Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

doncop wrote: »
    Anyone able to say roughly how long the meetings with the seargent and super take? Have both mines in the one day so just want to be prepared time wise

I think it depends on your station and background really, both of mine only lasted about 15-20 mins but I’ve heard some may be up to an hour but in general it’s short and fairly informal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MC1408

I had my meeting with the Superintendent last week and lasted 45 mins. Went through my whole application and to be honest felt something similar to the interview at Stage 3. I got an email two days ago for medical in 3 weeks.

My OOM is mid 600’s and I’m from June 2017 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Crowlers

MC1408 wrote: »
    I had my meeting with the Superintendent last week and lasted 45 mins. Went through my whole application and to be honest felt something similar to the interview at Stage 3. I got an email two days ago for medical in 3 weeks.

My OOM is mid 600’s and I’m from June 2017 campaign

I had my 2 meetings last week aswell and I’m mid-late 600’s reckon I should get a musical date soon? When is your open day or you have it already?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jonnymurphy

500 in june campaign passed medical last week and had no meetings with local station. Should i contact hrm ?

I had my 2 meetings last week aswell and I’m mid-late 600’s reckon I should get a musical date soon? When is your open day or you have it already?

It’s a bit early for joining he Garda band yet 🎷🎺

I had m open day in January

500 in june campaign passed medical last week and had no meetings with local station. Should i contact hrm ?

I wouldn’t contact them but it’s your choice. You will have to meet them so if it was me I’d sit tight. I see a lot of people on here contacting HR. We all know it’s a long process, let it take its course. Ringing them up isn’t going to help. Just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Medical done on 2nd Feb.. almost two months still no physical, im 2017 campaign, has anybody done or recieved dates for physical or local meetings yet from 2017 campaign?

Contacted HRM they said all is good on there end, that checks and other stuff are still on going so im not going to bother them again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Kh90

SO7378 wrote: »
    Medical done on 2nd Feb.. almost two months still no physical, im 2017 campaign, has anybody done or recieved dates for physical or local meetings yet from 2017 campaign?

Contacted HRM they said all is good on there end, that checks and other stuff are still on going so im not going to bother them again..

Ya I’m from 2017 and have all that done since February but not a thing since. Had my medical end of November and physical early February. I had my fitness done before I did either local interviews they will contact you anyway. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

SO7378 wrote: »

I’m in the same boat I have medical done since 24th of January and not a word about a fitness test yet. I have rang them and emailed them and they just said they are awaiting dates from the Garda college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Well for fucI< sake just when you think you're nearing the end of the process they go and add more stages, sure I'm awful at the bugle

Kh90 wrote: »
    Ya I’m from 2017 and have all that done since February but not a thing since. Had my medical end of November and physical early February. I had my fitness done before I did either local interviews they will contact you anyway. Good luck

Cheers for reply, yeah i dont understand as my friend is literally the same oem and we have been getting the same dates for everything. He hasnt done his local meetimgs but has his physical date for next week...

Eddyrio5 wrote: »
    I did my Int sept, Irish December and haven’t even had a medical yet. My oom is in the twenties too. We are quite similar. Doing this Irish really slows things down it seems. Did you have to keep emailing/calling about the medical date?

Hi when you said you did irish was that a repeat for the likes of the leving cert?

Can anybody tell me when the last set of dates for the physical were and any idea when the next set maybe given out?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sue93

Can anybody tell me when the last set of dates for the physical were and any idea when the next set maybe given out?

I have my physical this Saturday I haven't seen any other April dates posted in this. Got the email roughly 2 weeks ago

Sue93 wrote: »
    I have my physical this Saturday I haven't seen any other April dates posted in this. Got the email roughly 2 weeks ago

Ya that's exactly the way I'm thinking too, cheers for the reply and best of luck on Saturday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Sue93 wrote: »

Ya that's exactly the way I'm thinking too, cheers for the reply and best of luck on Saturday!

Guy in work from the June 2017 campaign got an invite to an open day on 21st April. I'd say the next lot of PCTs will be shortly after that? Can always ring HRM and say you are available for a last minute cancellation.

Advertisement