Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KaC1994

30.5 will pass provided your body fat % is low on the scales. Its a scam of a system.

Thanks. I passed so delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

KaC1994 wrote: »
    30.5 will pass provided your body fat % is low on the scales. Its a scam of a system.

Delighted for you! Sorry i gave you a bum steer. Did it come down to your body fat %?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bullonabike17

I was 30.8 when I passed as my body fat was like 14/15% on the scales..again a short arse with broad build. Best of luck with the rest of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mrtipp

Just got my pct date 26th may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

Got medical date this morning. 16th of May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Does anyone know how accomodating they are with moving PCT dates or swopping? Have been given 19th May but would be keen to move if possible..

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Alberto17

Swap not swop!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KaC1994

mrtipp wrote: »
    Just got my pct date 26th may

When did you do your medical if you don’t mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ruffruff

Rparker17 wrote: »
    Got medical date this morning. 16th of May
    Got the same email this morning, delighted. Best of luck to you with yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mrtipp

When did you do your medical if you don’t mind me asking?

Yea no problem did medical the 18th of January

• Advertisement

Ruffruff wrote: »

Cheers bud, you too. 11:30?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ruffruff

Nope, 9:45 for me. The nurse’s hands will be warm for ya after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

Got the same date 11.30 also. Delighted 😀

Nope, 9:45 for me. The nurse’s hands will be warm for ya after me.

Haha I look forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Sue93 wrote: »
    Youll be grand! It speed up a good bit bit it was ok it wasnt like sprinting speed and u only have to touch the line with one foot so that makes a hugh differance. They stood at the bottom of where i was running and called me out once i got to the level i needed to get too. Wr had a hugh break between the bleep test and the obstical course, i had close to 2 hours between them! Im still waiting on my vetting to be cleared hopefully itll clear before the next intake

Not long now.. next week -__- id say we will all be ok.. what level did you have to do on the bleep? Did you struggle with anything else Sue or no? And yeah hopefully should clear.. thy already have students in there now so if we pass that leaves a good few months to complete the final paper work on here be half until the next intake, fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Villa93

Did my interview back at the start of January and still haven’t done medical , pct or had meeting in local station. Is it purely the vetting that holds the process up because I come from a very large family? The wait is unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

Villa93 wrote: »
    Did my interview back at the start of January and still haven’t done medical , pct or had meeting in local station. Is it purely the vetting that holds the process up because I come from a very large family? The wait is unreal.

As far as I know the vetting doesn't hold up your medical, you won't get a date for your pct until the medical is done. What's your OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Villa93

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    As far as I know the vetting doesn't hold up your medical, you won't get a date for your pct until the medical is done. What's your OOM?

Ah right , Yeah that’s what’s i was wondering. My order of merit is in the 500’s so maybe that’s what the delay is purely based on. Will just have to sit patiently for another while anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 navaradave

If you DM me I’ll put you in the right direction for the Correct one

DWD95 wrote: »
    Got my date for my fitness test, May 19th! Has anyone here used an app for practising the bleep test? There's loads but not sure which one is best. Thanks

Many for PCT this Sataurday? Are yey prepared?
    Does anyone know what happens after we pass this? Do we just have to wait to get signed off and get a training date or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Hhxxsteph

SO7378 wrote: »
    Many for PCT this Sataurday? Are yey prepared?
    Does anyone know what happens after we pass this? Do we just have to wait to get signed off and get a training date or?

I have mine Saturday I confident for most of it but push and pull is what I’m worrying about.
    I think when we finished we have to wait until it gets signed off and then weshould hear about a training date

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

Hhxxsteph wrote: »
    I have mine Saturday I confident for most of it but push and pull is what I’m worrying about.
    I think when we finished we have to wait until it gets signed off and then weshould hear about a training date

That's exactly it, got my date for 3 weeks time today so counting down the time! Hopefully we squeeze in on the next intake, good luck with the PCT.

Hhxxsteph wrote: »

Same as me, hopefully all goes well.. yeah same as me the push pull, or the push ups.
    Yeah theres months for them to sign us off so hopefully that will workout and we get squeezed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

PCT this saturday 9am, anyone know what the story with parking is down there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amandapanda

Ruairi93 wrote: »

I have mine Saturday at 9am too..i presume we park where we did for the open day??

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Ruairi93 wrote: »

Normally people park in the Golf Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Best of luck to all who have Medicals and PCT's soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Can someone tell me is it ok to get lasik or does it have to be lasek for the eye surgery?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Can someone tell me is it ok to get lasik or does it have to be lasek for the eye surgery?

Has to be lasek, no ifs or buts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

Has to be lasek, no ifs or buts.

Why does it have to be lasek?

Advertisement