Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Why does it have to be lasek?

With Lasik a flap is created, which if you got a knock in the wrong place it could come loose and you'd need emergency surgery straight away. With lasek your eye grows back the top layer so it's as good as new. Whichever optical company you go with literally will not let you have lasik if you tell them it's for a career in the guards, or if you play any form of contact sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭droptheworld

With Lasik a flap is created, which if you got a knock in the wrong place it could come loose and you'd need emergency surgery straight away. With lasek your eye grows back the top layer so it's as good as new. Whichever optical company you go with literally will not let you have lasik if you tell them it's for a career in the guards, or if you play any form of contact sport.
    Thanks so much for the information I defo want to go with the lasek.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brandon12345

Thanks so much for the information I defo want to go with the lasek.

No problem happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shape

If your medical starts at 15.00 what time should I expect to be finished ?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cheallaigheoin

Shape wrote: »
    If your medical starts at 15.00 what time should I expect to be finished ?

Everyone is different but mine was 11:50-1:15pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Just after changing mobile phoned, logged on to emails to find my PCT email and details are gone, cant locate it on the computer either, could anyone just outline what we need to bring as i do recall there being a small list. Really appreciate it.
    Rang Appointments but there so busy

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

SO7378 wrote: »
    Just after changing mobile phoned, logged on to emails to find my PCT email and details are gone, cant locate it on the computer either, could anyone just outline what we need to bring as i do recall there being a small list. Really appreciate it.
    Rang Appointments but there so busy

You just need shorts, T-shirt, trainers, ID. And then the usual bits like water, toiletries/towel etc for after.
    If you’re doing the full PCT bring some fruit or something small to snack on and a tracksuit or sweatpants to keep warm while you’re waiting between the 2 sections.

kerryman85 wrote: »
    You just need shorts, T-shirt, trainers, ID. And then the usual bits like water, toiletries/towel etc for after.
    If you’re doing the full PCT bring some fruit or something small to snack on and a tracksuit or sweatpants to keep warm while you’re waiting between the 2 sections.

Thanks so much for that lad! And the fast reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Eddyrio5

What have people worn to Medicals? Tracksuits etc?

Eddyrio5 wrote: »
    What have people worn to Medicals? Tracksuits etc?

It doesnt matter at all, they only require you to take shoes, socks, coat and jumper off to weigh you. Just wear your regular clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ruairi93

Well done to everyone who passed PCTs today, Group C yous all know who you are haha

Ruairi93 wrote: »
    Well done to everyone who passed PCTs today, Group C yous all know who you are haha

How many people attended and do you have an idea if many passed or failed? What was it like, cheers and we'll done!

How many people attended and do you have an idea if many passed or failed? What was it like, cheers and we'll done!

It was grand, bleep test was fine and sit ups and push ups were a doddle.

Circuit was fine and the push pull was harder than expected but sure its done.

Nothing to worry about. Around 30 or so people turned up, not sure how many failed.

It was grand, bleep test was fine and sit ups and push ups were a doddle.

Circuit was fine and the push pull was harder than expected but sure its done.

Nothing to worry about. Around 30 or so people turned up, not sure how many failed.

Great stuff so, your nearly there! Any idea if your vetting is cleared or not yet, think you will make the July intake?

Wasnt a bad owl day fairplay lad, i was group e hopefully we will get called soon.

Wasnt a bad owl day fairplay lad, i was group e hopefully we will get called soon.

Same to you pal All the hard stuff is done now we just have to sit tight for a bit

Same to you pal All the hard stuff is done now we just have to sit tight for a bit

Aye lad! Let me know on here if you hear anything, have you had local interiews?

Aye lad! Let me know on here if you hear anything, have you had local interiews?

Im done everything now as of today. What about yourself?

Im done everything now as of today. What about yourself?

Just local interviews, did you have to do them? I was told maybe a week or two i will get a call maybe

Just local interviews, did you have to do them? I was told maybe a week or two i will get a call maybe

Yeah i had them back in March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 amandapanda

Group C what can I say haha only for yous!! Well done!!

Yeah i had them back in March

They arent that bad anyway no?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shape

Just wondering is it beep test first then a couple of minutes break and pressups/ sit ups together without a break in between ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amandapanda

Shape wrote: »
    Just wondering is it beep test first then a couple of minutes break and pressups/ sit ups together without a break in between ?

Beep test first and then when that's finished another group goes in for there beep test and when there finished you go in for your sit ups and push ups...he will call out the time while yous are doing the sit ups so you know and then you go straight in to do your push ups

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Doyle93

Hello all I'm new to this thread I've got a question if anyone can answer it would be great.
    oom 447
    Interview November
    Irish exam December
    And now medical on the 23rd May.
    I've not met sergeant either.
    Is there anybody here with a similar oom and where abouts are you in the process? I'm looking to know am I where I should be or well behind.

Group C what can I say haha only for yous!! Well done!!

We were the best group was no bother to us haha #C

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Viking123

We were the best group was no bother to us haha #C

Ah here.. what about the champs in group A who went in first hahaha... fingers crossed we'll all get called soon! Great bunch of people there on Saturday across all the groups :D

Viking123 wrote: »
    Ah here.. what about the champs in group A who went in first hahaha... fingers crossed we'll all get called soon! Great bunch of people there on Saturday across all the groups :D

Was a good laugh alright

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭kerryman85

Viking123 wrote: »

Agreed lad, great bunch of people on Saturday, incl everyone in group A! It was great meeting ye. Well done everyone and fingers crossed we all get the call next month.

• Advertisement

kerryman85 wrote: »
    Agreed lad, great bunch of people on Saturday, incl everyone in group A! It was great meeting ye. Well done everyone and fingers crossed we all get the call next month.

It was great meeting yey all!, You reckon itll be that soon? July 30th is meant to be the nezt intake going from sources..

Advertisement