Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Linenbasket

userunkown wrote: »
    Anyone who has done the physical, where did yous park?

Parked in the golf club car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Polly26

Hi just wondering were people waiting long between there fitness test and medical? That’s all I have left to complete, anyone else in same boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Polly26 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering were people waiting long between there fitness test and medical? That’s all I have left to complete, anyone else in same boat?

When did you have your PCT? People I've heard from who have had the PCT on the Friday received their medical date the following Tuesday for the following week. e.g. PCT 15th Feb...invite for medical 19th Feb..actual medical date 27th Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Courtneycaseey

Hi anyone who did their medical last week or recently..
    Is there anything you need to bring or wear etc? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Joda96

Hi anyone who did their medical last week or recently..
    Is there anything you need to bring or wear etc? Thanks

Casual clothes and know your gp's info :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

It’s looking like my place of work won’t realise me as I am on a night shift the day before the fitness, would Garda HR let me defer does anybody know? Or who is in the same boat as me?

Joda96 wrote: »
    Casual clothes and know your gp's info :)

Thanks so much , is it straight forward enough?

Thanks so much , is it straight forward enough?

Yep handy enough! Urine test, height weight and a hearing test with the nurse, then up to the doctor for the eyesight and general check up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Joda96 wrote: »
    Yep handy enough! Urine test, height weight and a hearing test with the nurse, then up to the doctor for the eyesight and general check up :)

Roughly how long were you there for it?
    Thanks

userunkown wrote: »
    Roughly how long were you there for it?
    Thanks

Around an hour I think

• Advertisement

It’s looking like my place of work won’t release me as I am on a night shift the day before the fitness, would Garda HR let me defer does anybody know? Or who is in the same boat as me?

Is there parking at the HR for the medical ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Is there parking at the HR for the medical ?

There is parking outside the gate anyway, it's been pretty full the few times I've been down there but you can get parked there if you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

OscarKilo wrote: »
    It’s looking like my place of work won’t release me as I am on a night shift the day before the fitness, would Garda HR let me defer does anybody know? Or who is in the same boat as me?

Bud if being a gard is what you want to do . You pull a sickie from work and get to your fitness test.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

I just got my PCT date yesterday! Im up the 22nd Feb :eek::eek::eek:

How did you get on??

Smallboy wrote: »
    How did you get on??

Aww I passed!!! :) Am delighted. I have my medical now next week 7th March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 pubsize

Are the invites to the PCT completely random at this stage or does anybody know how they're working it? OOM in the 40's, PAS interview completed in September and local interviews with sergeant and super completed in December. Sent back the GP form on time and still no word on a PCT date. Is there anyone in the same position?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

pubsize wrote: »
    Are the invites to the PCT completely random at this stage or does anybody know how they're working it? OOM in the 40's, PAS interview completed in September and local interviews with sergeant and super completed in December. Sent back the GP form on time and still no word on a PCT date. Is there anyone in the same position?

Hey! Yeah I'm exactly in the same position. My OOM is in the 60's, did my interview in September, met my local sergeant and super in November and sent the GP form back in early January. Seems to be random as to whose getting PCT dates but hopefully we get ours soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

Well done!

Pubsize, I would give HR a shout. I'm after you in the OOM and got my date so might be worth checking in.

Between the beep and pushups/sit-ups are you given a breather?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

OscarKilo wrote: »
    Between the beep and pushups/sit-ups are you given a breather?

Yea 10/15 minutes or so.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Yea 10/15 minutes or so.

Nice one Five.0 cheers bud!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 G1raff3

I'm in the same boat also. Sent a mail to see if I could get an update and was told I would hear in due course so hopefully not much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Fantastic well done

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paddyjken

Hi all.
    Anybody know what happens if i cant make the date given to me for the Medical. Passed my physical last week and got the date for the medical on the 14th of March. If i declined the date would it would be put back a few weeks or is there a possibility its pushed back months.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Paddyjken wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Anybody know what happens if i cant make the date given to me for the Medical. Passed my physical last week and got the date for the medical on the 14th of March. If i declined the date would it would be put back a few weeks or is there a possibility its pushed back months.

Yeah no one could really say for certain how long it will push you back ,but if you can't make it its not worth stressing about

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EsmeW

Vital Work wrote: »
    Hey! Yeah I'm exactly in the same position. My OOM is in the 60's, did my interview in September, met my local sergeant and super in November and sent the GP form back in early January. Seems to be random as to whose getting PCT dates but hopefully we get ours soon!

My OOM is in the 80s and I had interview in September. GP clearance sent off over 7 weeks. I was signed off my Sargent/Super since Jan. Finally got invite for PCT today. Hopefully you won’t be waiting too long now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jenoshea

just checked my email and my fitness is arranged for Tuesday the 12th of March!!! Anyone else?

Paddyjken wrote: »
    Hi all.

Hey Paddyjken what group were you in? I was there myself last Friday. Congrats on passing! Not sure if you can't attend on the 14th tbh. No harm in giving them a buzz and she if they can reschedule

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 RussellHobbs

I know it's different for everyone but anyone have a rough idea how long after you pass the last stage before you get into the college? I've passed my PCT which was the last stage back in Sept., been onto HRM 3/4 times and they just say the background checks are still pending.

*I'm supposed to be getting married this year but it's tough to plan anything as I don't know where I'll be later in the year...

Thanks!

Advertisement