Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage 4: Medical & Physical

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

carzony wrote: »
    Just wondering,

In relation to the medical, is it true you have to produce 5 year medical records from your gp?

No but if you've had anything major wrong with you in the last 5 years, I'd bring a letter from your GP to cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

This fitness test is turning out to be a very difficult stage. I'm sure most people like myself thought it would just be a formality to pass it.

My training is going good so far. I've started the 6 week sit up programme that was mentioned by Redmond, and I've also started a 50 push ups in 30 days programme.

I'll worry about the bleep test two weeks before the test. I don't want to peak to soon, and I managed to pass it and reach my level on my second attempt.

So who's going to the open day on Saturday morning? I'm looking forward to meeting some of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

I should be heading down. I tried to see if I could go on a different date but it wasn't an option. I'm looking forward to seeing the obstacle course and push and pull machine. Do you know if they do a trial bleep test ot anything like that? That's my main concern. I'm hoping a have a few weeks to push myself to get the level I need.

AM11 wrote: »
    I should be heading down. I tried to see if I could go on a different date but it wasn't an option. I'm looking forward to seeing the obstacle course and push and pull machine. Do you know if they do a trial bleep test ot anything like that? That's my main concern. I'm hoping a have a few weeks to push myself to get the level I need.

From what I've gathered anyway, they show you around the whole course and give you the opportunity to try and do it if you wish.

I don't think you have to if you don't want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Can any of ye remember how many shuttles there was in levels 1-3 on the beep test? The one I'm using starts off with 8 shuttles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boult

Anyone with any half decent level of fitness should pass the test no bother.

Got an email there with my OOM for my interview but no date just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Laffs_a_lot

I did too. Do you know if this determines when you get invited to Templemore (presuming you pass the medical and physical) or does it matter at all? I wonder when we'll get dates for the medical.

I hadn't thought about it but I suppose it makes sense. The medical and physical wont be weighted. It'll just be pass fail from here. Congrats by the way. Another small step closer. Initially I wanted my dates ASAP but now I wouldnt mind a bit of time to prepare for the physical!

I hadn't thought about it but I suppose it makes sense. The medical and physical wont be weighted. It'll just be pass fail from here. Congrats by the way. Another small step closer. Initially I wanted my dates ASAP but now I wouldnt mind a bit of time to prepare for the physical!

Congrats to you too! I'm exactly the same as you, I'd like a bit of time to prep for the physical. And hopefully this open day will give a better insight as to what we've to do. I just want my dates as I've a holiday booked in August!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

Have ye had ye're interview? Stil waiting for my date? 😀
    Congrats to you too! I'm exactly the same as you, I'd like a bit of time to prep for the physical. And hopefully this open day will give a better insight as to what we've to do. I just want my dates as I've a holiday booked in August!

noelctb wrote: »
    Have ye had ye're interview? Stil waiting for my date? 😀

Yes I did my interview two weeks ago. Have you received your stage 2 results? I was a month waiting for my interview form from receiving my stage 2 results, and another week after that until I got my interview date.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

I received my form A on d 16th of June sent it off straight away..just waiting on d interview date now taught I wud have got it ny now
    Yes I did my interview two weeks ago. Have you received your stage 2 results? I was a month waiting for my interview form from receiving my stage 2 results, and another week after that until I got my interview date.

noelctb wrote: »
    I received my form A on d 16th of June sent it off straight away..just waiting on d interview date now taught I wud have got it ny now

Pretty sure they've to wait for all the replies so it doesn't matter how soon you send it back to them. I sent mine back straight away but I still had to wait until 3 days after the final date for sending it in to get my interview date. Just be patient, as much as it kills waiting, you'll get your date soon.

What number did you get?

I'm in the low 230's

Mid 200's for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭i-ron

AudiKid wrote: »
    What number did you get?

I'm in the low 230's

I'm pretty much same oom. Is that number overall for this campaign?

i-ron wrote: »
    I'm pretty much same oom. Is that number overall for this campaign?

I'm sure it is. Do you mean mixed in together with the reserve stream, and Irish stream too?

If your number is less then 300 does that mean you will make it in over the next two classes?

I'm delighted because my OOM keeps improving as the competition goes on.

I don't think we will get another number.

The next stage is just pass/ fail? And then we wait for our offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Can any of ye remember how many shuttles there was in levels 1-3 on the beep test? The one I'm using starts off with 8 shuttles

Level 1 is 6 shuttles, levels 2 and 3 are 7, and I think level 4-7 are 8 and from level 8 there's 9 I'm only 100% sure on the first three though...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭i-ron

I'm sure it is. Do you mean mixed in together with the reserve stream, and Irish stream too?

If your number is less then 300 does that mean you will make it in over the next two classes?

I'm delighted because my OOM keeps improving as the competition goes on.

I don't think we will get another number.

The next stage is just pass/ fail? And then we wait for our offer?

Well I was just thinking the general stream. But even if it's with the reserve and Irish I'm delighted where I'm placed. If your under 300 I would imagine there's a place for you in the next two intakes alright, considering there will be fails in the next stage aswell.
    All going well with the physical it's just a waiting game then after that (we are all pretty good at the waiting so that won't be a problem 😊)

• Advertisement

Anyone higher than the 200's or lower than the 300's get results today?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tictac__x

Im in the low 100s and still waiting for medical, had the open day over a month ago seems like a long wait, many others still waiting? 😀

Level 1 is 6 shuttles, levels 2 and 3 are 7, and I think level 4-7 are 8 and from level 8 there's 9 I'm only 100% sure on the first three though...

Cheers for the info Collielover.:) The beep test app I'm using is harder than this for the first few levels so I'm hoping Ill succeed on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Cheers for the info Collielover.:) The beep test app I'm using is harder than this for the first few levels so I'm hoping Ill succeed on the day.

Same!

What number did you get?

I'm in the low 230's
    Mid 200's for me.

I'm in the mid 200s too.

tictac__x wrote: »
    Im in the low 100s and still waiting for medical, had the open day over a month ago seems like a long wait, many others still waiting? 😀

Thanks tictac. Trying to figure out what kinda results we offered today. If the OOM were from 1 on or if it started around 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Collielover

No problem, I trained with the 'Bleep Fitness Test' app, blue running man with a grey background - it is harder than the actual one which is only a good thing!

Practice the beep daily or every other day and make sure to do the timed sit ups within 5-10 mins after doing the beep test as you may only have that length of recovery time on the day (you may get longer but best to prepare for the shorter just in case)

No problem, I trained with the 'Bleep Fitness Test' app, blue running man with a grey background - it is harder than the actual one which is only a good thing!

Practice the beep daily or every other day and make sure to do the timed sit ups within 5-10 mins after doing the beep test as you may only have that length of recovery time on the day (you may get longer but best to prepare for the shorter just in case)

Yea that`s what I'm doing at the moment. sit ups and push ups are not a problem, its just the beep test I'm worried about.

Thanks for your help anyway. greatly appreciated :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭IceWeasel

I'm in the low 100s too and still waiting to hear. They seem to be taking their time with issuing medical dates at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Delly123

Hi just a quick question with regards to the medical is there anyone who wears glasses that has done the medical were allowed wear glasses/contacts or how did it work? Or have you a slim chance of passing due to glasses/contacts?

Advertisement