Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job seekers Allowance - Have received Social Services card

Options
  • 16-05-2016 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks, I applied for JSA back in February this year. From the day I was called down for the appointment to submit all necessary documents in March, I did including everything that was requested. moving on towards the means test I did all that & Lastly I got a letter in the post telling me I had an appointment for the public services card in April and I must bring ID & I did. They verified my claim from there on I was asked to select two questions for public services card to identify who i am when activating it. When i left the social offices ( I was told my card will arrive in the post within 10 working days) they gave me a temporary job seekers allowance card, however at my local post office there's nothing there for me as of right now. I've now received my real public services card & I've tried for two weeks to use it and there's still nothing for me (Yes it's activated). Is there anything I must do or what do I have to wait for exactly?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Have you been told your claim was approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 John_Murphy

No I haven't.. Do i need to contact them to find that out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Well yes, you won't get paid anything until your claim is approved.

The public services card has nothing to do with approval of a payment and is being rolled out to everyone.

Alright thanks a million, I will contact them tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 RoisinDee

Alright thanks a million, I will contact them tomorrow!

John, did you get sorted?

• Advertisement

Hi Roisin, yes I did and really appreciate the advises, I should have joined Boards.ie a long time ago. There's a sense of real help around here for genuine answers/questions. Again thank you!

Advertisement