Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer service

Options
  • 16-05-2016 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Made a call to Bank of Ireland credit card customer service and was informed of a 10 minutes waiting time to talk with a member of the team....21 minutes later I was still on hold having to listen to that awful automated backing track before I eventually gave up, God only knows how long I would have been left waiting had I not hung up and now will be charged for a completely useless frustrating 21 minutes, terrible service and a waste of my time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

Madden91 wrote: »
    Made a call to Bank of Ireland credit card customer service and was informed of a 10 minutes waiting time to talk with a member of the team....21 minutes later I was still on hold having to listen to that awful automated backing track before I eventually gave up, God only knows how long I would have been left waiting had I not hung up and now will be charged for a completely useless frustrating 21 minutes, terrible service and a waste of my time
    been trying for 2 days now, agreed a very poor service. hopefully get a call back from them today having mailed them on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Madden91 & dwasol,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

We're very sorry to hear this. Our Credit Card team are experiencing a high volume of calls at the moment. 

If you have a general query we may be able to assist you here? We have also recently launched our new Card Care service which has a number of self-service options including:
    • Access to real time balance and transaction details
    • View your Credit Card PIN online
    • Order a Replacement Card
    • Request to amend your Credit Limit

For more information on our Card Care service and a full list of features available, please see here

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

Hi Madden91 & dwasol,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. 

We're very sorry to hear this. Our Credit Card team are experiencing a high volume of calls at the moment. 

If you have a general query we may be able to assist you here? We have also recently launched our new Card Care service which has a number of self-service options including:
    • Access to real time balance and transaction details
    • View your Credit Card PIN online
    • Order a Replacement Card
    • Request to amend your Credit Limit

For more information on our Card Care service and a full list of features available, please see here

Thanks,

Sharon
    [*]
    Sharon, i've sent your team a pm early this morning with my phone number and have yet to receive a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi dwasol,

We don't seem to have received a private message from you. Can we ask you to please check your sent items?

Thanks

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Having the exact same issue.....

Waiting 15+ minutes now, all I want to do is to order a statement for my credit card.

I'm not listed as the principal account holder for my credit card on 365 Online (which I am).

I can't register on Card Care.

Very, very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Having the exact same issue.....

Waiting 15+ minutes now, all I want to do is to order a statement for my credit card.

I'm not listed as the principal account holder for my credit card on 365 Online (which I am).

I can't register on Card Care.

Very, very frustrating.
    Hi James, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

Please note that only Primary card holders can order a duplicate statement or to register the card to view on 365 Online or Card Care. If you need a statement, please ask the Primary card holder to register the card on 365 Online and estatements will be available to view when they log in to the account, or when on Card Care, the balance and transactions will be available to view. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

I have to say the service is beyond a joke. I have been trying once or twice a week for at least 3 weeks, and always end up having to hang up as have other things to do. I can understand it being busy on occasion but this is going on for weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

elastico wrote: »
    I have to say the service is beyond a joke. I have been trying once or twice a week for at least 3 weeks, and always end up having to hang up as have other things to do. I can understand it being busy on occasion but this is going on for weeks.
    Hi elastico,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie

I’m sorry for hear you are experiencing a delay in speaking with a rep in the credit card team. Please be assured they will be with you as soon as possible. Reps are available from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 6pm on Saturday and on Sunday from 10am to 5pm.

If you wish you can also send your query through the Online Service Desk on Banking 365 where a rep with account access can help you.

If you have a non-account specific query we may be able to help you here.

Thanks

Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

elastico wrote: »
    i have had similar experience
    is this due to the knowledge that people dont like the hassle of switching

Advertisement