Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

requesting a status update Gort / Kinvara / Ardrahan (Co. Galway)

Options
  • 16-05-2016 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps,
    looking for a efibre status update on Gort / Kinvara exchanges.
    Currently showing as within 6 weeks - for the last few months. Before that it was ramdomly with a year/within 6 months/within 6 weeks.
    Would you be able to check if there is any real information available.
    thanks in advance.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Wondering about this myself. Looking at this map http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ ;

If you click the "fiber build commenced" box on the right it puts a bigger green dot on the map for Kinvara and Gort. Hover over this and it says Summer 2016 for first Fiber live service. I think this is probably "fairly accurate". 

Kilcolgan got updated on the map recently, I have seen vans there each morning for the last few weeks. Now if you turn on the "fiber cabinet live" tick box it shows that 570 premises have access to the 100mbs speed fiber and FTTH is coming in Winter 2016. 

I'm on the blue line in Kinvara, 4km from the cabinet so the FTTC option won't reach me, I am expecting spring 2017 for FTTH.   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Reps,
    Currently showing as within 6 weeks - for the last few months. Before that it was ramdomly with a year/within 6 months/within 6 weeks.
    thanks in advance.....
    Hi irishgrover,

I have taken a look into this and there are 4 efibre cabinets in Gort. Two of the cabinets are in the completion stage at the minute and we have estimated that we should be able to place orders for customers to avail of the service from these cabinets in July. 
    We are hoping to have completed the build on the other two cabinets in the next 6-12 months and supplying customers with service then. We should have further information on these when our next deployment plan is launched so feel free to check back with us on this. :)

The Kinvara exchange is also in the completion stage at the minute and we are estimated forecast date on this is summer 2016.

Hope this helps.

-Pamela 

Wondering about this myself. Looking at this map http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ ;

If you click the "fiber build commenced" box on the right it puts a bigger green dot on the map for Kinvara and Gort. Hover over this and it says Summer 2016 for first Fiber live service. I think this is probably "fairly accurate". 

Kilcolgan got updated on the map recently, I have seen vans there each morning for the last few weeks. Now if you turn on the "fiber cabinet live" tick box it shows that 570 premises have access to the 100mbs speed fiber and FTTH is coming in Winter 2016. 

I'm on the blue line in Kinvara, 4km from the cabinet so the FTTC option won't reach me, I am expecting spring 2017 for FTTH.   
    Hi Grumpypants,

We are hoping to have an efibre cabinet launched in Kinvara soon (The Kinvara exchange is in the completion stage at the minute and we are estimated forecast date on this is summer 2016.) however I don't have a further update on the efibre to the home service at the minute I'm afraid. 

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Reps,
    thanks in advance.....
    Hi irishgrover,

I have taken a look into this and there are 4 efibre cabinets in Gort. Two of the cabinets are in the completion stage at the minute and we have estimated that we should be able to place orders for customers to avail of the service from these cabinets in July. 
    We are hoping to have completed the build on the other two cabinets in the next 6-12 months and supplying customers with service then. We should have further information on these when our next deployment plan is launched so feel free to check back with us on this. :)

The Kinvara exchange is also in the completion stage at the minute and we are estimated forecast date on this is summer 2016.

Hope this helps.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,
    thanks for the prompt reply. If it's accurate then this is great news.

Hi Reps,
    thanks in advance.....
    Hi irishgrover,

Hope this helps.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,
    thanks for the prompt reply. If it's accurate then this is great news.
    It is indeed  irishgrover :)
    Fingers crossed you will be able to avail of the service soon, if you ever need me to check your number/ address for efibre please don't hesitate to PM me.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

It's not looking good, the fibre to cabinet In kinvara had slipped from "in six weeks" in January, to summer 2016, now it has slipped again to Autumn 2016.

Fibre to home is now showing as winter 2017.

I think it is safe to assume that ftth won't be installed anywhere close to that date, and if it slips the 9-10 months like the fttc we are more likely to be Christmas 2018+.

It's not looking good, the fibre to cabinet In kinvara had slipped from "in six weeks" in January, to summer 2016, now it has slipped again to Autumn 2016.

I think it is safe to assume that ftth won't be installed anywhere close to that date, and if it slips the 9-10 months like the fttc we are more likely to be Christmas 2018+.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]At the minute we are hoping to the efibre service available [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]in [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kinvara for[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] the Autumn of this year [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Grumpypants,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I know these delays can be quite frustrating however there can be delays due to the level of works required I’m afraid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]At the minute we are hoping to the efibre service available [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]in [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kinvara for[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] the Autumn of this year [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Grumpypants,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I know these delays can be quite frustrating however there can be delays due to the level of works required I’m afraid.[/font]

Thanks for the reply, not too frustrated I have waited this long a few more months won't kill me, I'm currently stuck on 200kbs speeds so the thought of anything better is mouth watering. :) 

But the main reason is I'm trying to move all my bills to Eir to take advantage of the special offer on at the moment to get broadband, phone, TV and 4G mobile for 30 per month. But because I'm not on fiber the only deal I get offered is for just internet for 65 per month! And I would still have to keep paying separate Sky and vodafone bills :(   

Thanks for the reply, not too frustrated I have waited this long a few more months won't kill me, I'm currently stuck on 200kbs speeds so the thought of anything better is mouth watering. :) 

But the main reason is I'm trying to move all my bills to Eir to take advantage of the special offer on at the moment to get broadband, phone, TV and 4G mobile for 30 per month. But because I'm not on fiber the only deal I get offered is for just internet for 65 per month! And I would still have to keep paying separate Sky and vodafone bills :(   
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand that completely [/font] [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Grumpypants [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]hopefully fingers crossed you will be availing of these speeds very soon. :D [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭PopIT

Hi,
    At least you are getting FTTH by the end of next year. The Ardrahan cabinet is due to go live today for fibre services but I live just outside its range. Not getting FTTH until 2017 2020. FTTH stops just down the road from me so not sure if this will be of any use to me any way. Just hoping even though I wont get any where near 100mb/s I should get contention free service so my broadband wont keep dropping at night. Best I get at the moment is 4.30mb/s and this can drop to 3.20mb/s.

• Advertisement

PopIT wrote: »
    Hi,
    At least you are getting FTTH by the end of next year. The Ardrahan cabinet is due to go live today for fibre services but I live just outside its range. Not getting FTTH until 2017 2020. FTTH stops just down the road from me so not sure if this will be of any use to me any way. Just hoping even though I wont get any where near 100mb/s I should get contention free service so my broadband wont keep dropping at night. Best I get at the moment is 4.30mb/s and this can drop to 3.20mb/s.
    I'm sorry to hear this PopIT,
    I would recommend registering your details here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

-Pamela 

Advertisement