Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Drive Recovery in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-05-2016 6:25pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My hard drive stopped showing up in Windows explorer a while back. The computer seems to see it in the bios but its not seeing anything else in device manager or disk management. I tried a Sata to USB cable - it installs but no drive.

I think I may need someone proper to look at this now, does anyone know where I can get it done that won't charge me an arm and a leg?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Computers unlimited in phibsboro but expect to loose your head as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

Drive Rescue www.datarecoverydublin.ie

...will cost an arm and leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Or for $89 try SpinRite.

I've listened to the "Security Now" podcast for over 8 years, by Steve Gibson the guy that wrote SpinRite. Each week they've a small segment for a testimonial from people who got their data recovered by SpinRite and he's an honourable fellow, I don't believe he's making it up.

This sounds like an ideal situation.
    If the BIOS detects it, then SpinRite should run against it.
    It's a live CD boot disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

bluferbl wrote: »
    Drive Rescue www.datarecoverydublin.ie

...will cost an arm and leg.

Used them before, professional blokes.
    Or for $89 try SpinRite.

I've listened to the "Security Now" podcast for over 8 years, by Steve Gibson the guy that wrote SpinRite. Each week they've a small segment for a testimonial from people who got their data recovered by SpinRite and he's an honourable fellow, I don't believe he's making it up.

This sounds like an ideal situation.
    If the BIOS detects it, then SpinRite should run against it.
    It's a live CD boot disk.

While SpinRite is an absolute killer, can't wait for 6.1 after SQRL is done, I'm not sure from Zascars description if the controller is playing ball or not.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks lads I'll try spinrite, I'd love to be able to fix this without paying a fortune to a recovery place. I called one, they wont even give you an estimate - which means they'll have you over a barrell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Does diskmanagement see the disk(even as raw)? If not its unlikely Spinrite will be able to either.

Advertisement