Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance covering up to 90 days?

Options
  • 16-05-2016 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi all - having a bit of trouble locating travel insurance that covers up to 90 days (I'm US-bound for about 85 days). The only provider I can find so far is VHI which costs about 140 euro for a 90-day version of their policy. Can anyone recommend cheaper alternatives? Ideally it would be a multiple trip policy (as in I would use it a few times per year).

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Do you have your own private health insurance? I was recently looking at what seemed to be a pretty good multi trip policy which included USA for a family for about €80 with AA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Getcover.ie will cover it. My policy is about €60 for annual multitrip with extended trip cover (up to 90 days per trip).

That's the premium cover including a discount because I have private health insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

Have you tried AA travel insurance? Think they're up to 90...

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭wearyexplorer

Just an update - AA did not do 90 days. Getcover.ie did but I was swayed in the end by VHI as I read a few negative reviews about the former, and more to the fact VHI will cover pre-existing conditions (important for me) and also provide insurance for domestic trips of 2+ days. Many reviews said they were excellent when it came to any claims and they are my own insurer at home too so I have a track record with them. That said it was just over double Getcover.ie so it might be overkill if the above is not important to you, as many of the benefits were similar. (or slightly better) - the big expense at 79euro more was extending it to 90 days in my case.

Advertisement