Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get rid of reeds / rushes..

Options
  • 16-05-2016 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not sure what exactly these are - you fine people presumably are more knowledgable than I am on this..

IMG_20160516_185454_copy.jpg

.. some sort of reed / rush I'd imagine!

But I've one large "bush" of it (most of which has been flatted by my cat), and two smaller bushes behind it which you can also see in the photo.

Outside of digging it up at the roots, has anyone any suggestions on how best to get rid of it.

Would obviously like to avoid anything harmful to animals with a domestic cat around the house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump..

.. anyone?

Does it flower like this. I think it's papas grass. The roots don't run that deep. I have got rid of one buy cutting it back as far as possible. Killing it with roundup. Then levering it out with a pick axe and long bar

Thanks for that Suresanders... to be honest, it hasn't flowered since I've living there (about a year now).

Am hoping RoundUp do it as I don't like the idea of digging the thing up.... lots of stone and plastic sheeting to get through.

Roots are only a few inches I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭dathi

looks like variegated ribbon or maiden grass

• Advertisement

Definitely closer to Ribbon Grass... thanks dathi!

Advertisement