Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaner recommendation

Options
  • 16-05-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hey guys

We're trying to find a new cleaner since hassle.com are upping their prices! Does anyone have a recommendation for the Dublin 6 area for a regular cleaner around the €12 an hour mark?(obviously less than this would be good)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bearoige

Hi, im in the same boat, looking for a recommendation for a good cleaner in the Lucan area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Hey guys

We're trying to find a new cleaner since hassle.com are upping their prices! Does anyone have a recommendation for the Dublin 6 area for a regular cleaner around the €12 an hour mark?(obviously less than this would be good)

Most cleaners have to travel a distance to and from your premises which would incur transport costs. Most cleaners are only engaged for two hours or so and some only even every second week.

Therefore if we were to say €12.00 per hour x 2 - €3.00 (one way) x 2 for bus, plus no holiday, sick, etc pay, that is a whooping : €18.00...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Chinasea wrote: »
    Most cleaners have to travel a distance to and from your premises which would incur transport costs. Most cleaners are only engaged for two hours or so and some only even every second week.

Therefore if we were to say €12.00 per hour x 2 - €3.00 (one way) x 2 for bus, plus no holiday, sick, etc pay, that is a whooping : €18.00...

You don't get paid for your travel to/from your place of work. Engaging the services of a cleaner also does not make them your employee, so you are not obliged to factor in holiday pay etc. If they have an employer, that is up to them. If they are self-employed then they will need to factor all that in when setting their prices.

I have used Hassle in the past, and was hoping to start getting a regular cleaner in (once a fortnight) but I was surprised to see a 15% increase in costs.

You don't get paid for your travel to/from your place of work. Engaging the services of a cleaner also does not make them your employee, so you are not obliged to factor in holiday pay etc. If they have an employer, that is up to them. If they are self-employed then they will need to factor all that in when setting their prices.
    I have used Hassle in the past, and was hoping to start getting a regular cleaner in (once a fortnight) but I was surprised to see a 15% increase in costs.

You are totally missing the point.

Fact we live in Europes most expensive rental capitals.

How is anyone supposed to live on € 18.00 for 3.5 hours work (factor travel down time). Most travel from one job to another.

You are totally missing the point.

How is anyone supposed to live on € 18.00 for 3.5 hours work (factor travel down time). Most travel from one job to another.

Where are you getting €18 for 3.5 hours work?

Firstly, travel time isn't work. A cleaner isn't going to take jobs that take 1.5 hours to travel to/from. From talking to cleaners in work and cleaners I've used in the past, they will work within a certain area. The cleaners in my job all work within D1/D2 and cycle between their jobs. The most downtime they have between their jobs during the day is 30 minutes. Many cleaners cycle or drive, and those who do use the bus have a €6.70 daily cap, so it' not like they're paying €3 for each journey.

Your sums are completely skewed. If, for example, a cleaner was doing 4 x 2 hour shifts @ €12 throughout the day, that would be €96. Take a travel time between jobs 2, 3 and 4 as average 20 minutes (travel to first job and home from first job doesn't count, that's a commute), that's another hour. €96 for 9 hours work is still above minimum wage.

Regardless, €12-€15 p/h is the going rates for cleaners in Dublin. A lot of people have it worse off.

• Advertisement

Where are you getting €18 for 3.5 hours work?

Firstly, travel time isn't work. A cleaner isn't going to take jobs that take 1.5 hours to travel to/from. From talking to cleaners in work and cleaners I've used in the past, they will work within a certain area. The cleaners in my job all work within D1/D2 and cycle between their jobs. The most downtime they have between their jobs during the day is 30 minutes. Many cleaners cycle or drive, and those who do use the bus have a €6.70 daily cap, so it' not like they're paying €3 for each journey.

Your sums are completely skewed. If, for example, a cleaner was doing 4 x 2 hour shifts @ €12 throughout the day, that would be €96. Take a travel time between jobs 2, 3 and 4 as average 20 minutes (travel to first job and home from first job doesn't count, that's a commute), that's another hour. €96 for 9 hours work is still above minimum wage.

Regardless, €12-€15 p/h is the going rates for cleaners in Dublin. A lot of people have it worse off.

Whatever, ivory tower

Whatever, ivory tower

Good rebuttal, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dobebrief

New customers can get 25% off with this code: SUMMERCLEAN25IE. Not sure if it works for repeat bookings...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Same folk putting immense effort into paying a fellow human being as little as possible for hard manual labour would have no issue paying for high end services without question.

It must reflect on how they view themselves and some sort of fear to treat them as badly as possible whilst whistling about how you provide labour to them and they should be grovelling and nodding in your direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dobebrief

As far as i am aware the cleaners still get paid the same (even if a discount code is used). It is hassle.com who pay the difference... (just guessing though)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Have you a source for this? Because I'm guessing you've just made it up. You think Dublin is more expensive to rent in than say London?
    Whatever, ivory tower

The state has set a minimum wage of €9.xx per hour. The OP is talking about paying a good chunk more than that. Your 3.5 hour thing is complete nonsense, and the fact you've resorted to a personal attack says it all really.

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    Same folk putting immense effort into paying a fellow human being as little as possible for hard manual labour would have no issue paying for high end services without question.

It must reflect on how they view themselves and some sort of fear to treat them as badly as possible whilst whistling about how you provide labour to them and they should be grovelling and nodding in your direction.

Another post that bears zero reflection to anything in this thread? What high end services? Treat them as badly as possible? Grovelling? What the jaysus are you on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Another post that bears zero reflection to anything in this thread?

What high end services?
    Sky TV , broadband , club memberships etc etc , i am making a point would someone who hires a cleaner expend as much energy in trying to bring down the price of other services or would they just pay the DD.

Treat them as badly as possible? Grovelling? What the jaysus are you on about.

They claptrap that was spouted about travel times and "commutes" for a cleaner as if they select their hours and place of work.

Firstly most places want a cleaner before opening and/or after closing, and cleaners dont handpick their places of work or their hours.
    So to suggest all cleaners finish their 2 hours and flit effortlessly to the next in 20 minutes is absurd.

Anyways , thats why some folk pay so much for their help , they are keyholders after all and you get what you pay for.
    GL to the OP picking cheap as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I get a cleaner from Hassle, I pay €13.50 an hour and I'm perfectly happy with that. The cleaner comes for four hours a month which is just over €50, which is less than I pay for my broadband and TV combined per month.

Even if it wasn't, I can't provide myself with a broadband connection. I can't supply my own TV service. I can clean my apartment. If the price went up by much more then I don't feel it would be worth my while.

Finally, the way Hassle works is you put out a request for a cleaner and they decide if they want to take the job or not. This obviously allows people to group up jobs at times and locations that are convenient to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

We have a lovely girl from Eastern Europe who comes to us in Ranelagh. She charges €15 per hour. If you'd like her details, PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭homer1916

We have a lovely girl from Eastern Europe who comes to us in Ranelagh. She charges €15 per hour. If you'd like her details, PM me

Can i have her number? Thanks

Advertisement