Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions for Carers Allowance/ Domiciliary Allowance

Options
  • 16-05-2016 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I Applied to carers allowance in December, after waiting months and sending in countless paperwork i was temporarily refused last week as i had not applied for the domiciliary allowance.

I've now applied for the domiciliary allowance but i have a few questions if anyone can answer them.

1. Average wait time for domiciliary allowance approval/refusal?
    2. Will I get Back dated pay from when i applied?
    3. Will Carers allowance be backdated from when i applied or will it just be from when i get the domiciliary allowance approved?
    4. How the hell am i supposed to live while i wait?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

bluenessy wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I Applied to carers allowance in December, after waiting months and sending in countless paperwork i was temporarily refused last week as i had not applied for the domiciliary allowance.

I've now applied for the domiciliary allowance but i have a few questions if anyone can answer them.

1. Average wait time for domiciliary allowance approval/refusal?
    2. Will I get Back dated pay from when i applied?
    3. Will Carers allowance be backdated from when i applied or will it just be from when i get the domiciliary allowance approved?
    4. How the hell am i supposed to live while i wait?

It can take a few months or longer if you have to appeal, both will be backdated to when you applied if you are approved.
    See your local cwo for help if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bluenessy

Forms were filled out and all doctors letters etc attached, never realised i need dom forms in before carers forms.

I hope beyond hope you are right and it is backdated as i owe everyone money at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

bluenessy wrote: »
    Forms were filled out and all doctors letters etc attached, never realised i need dom forms in before carers forms.

I hope beyond hope you are right and it is backdated as i owe everyone money at this stage

If you're that worried then call them and make sure. As I said it will only be backdated if you're approved!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

If you are on Facebook, look up the page DCA Warriors. You will get great help there with your applications. The best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bosley1421

Hi bluenessy, I made a DCA application last October, had it approved in January. Then applied for CA immediately, had confirmed receipt of application in March and finally approved today. They also calculated arrears for CA back to October 2015 when the DCA application was made, which I wasn't expecting at all!
    In the meantime approach your Community Welfare officer at the local HSE clinic and you can get Supplementary Allowance to tide you over. They will recoup this money from your CA once approved.

• Advertisement
Advertisement