Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If new shoes make your feet bleed...

Options
  • 16-05-2016 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Is there any recourse?
    Bought in Cla**s, 5 weeks ago. Worn last week for first time, left back of heel split open and bled. Worn today for second time, right back of heel bled quite badly after being rubbed raw. There's blood on the back of both sandals.
    The shop told me today the best they could do is a an exchange and a refund is out of the question.
    Any experience folks? Is this right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

To be honest I'm surprised they offered you an exchange. That's called breaking in a shoe and is reasonably standard. You can use things like horse shoes to alleviate it.

It's the same principle behind not wearing brand new runners before a race.

This also happens from not usually wearing that kind of shoe, so your feet are not "used" to wearing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you take them off when they first started to hurt, or did they cut your feet straight from the get go?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

You selected the shoes, and if they don't fit properly that is your responsibility.

There might be an exception to such a rigid interpretation if you relied wholly on Cla**k's employee to select the correct size for you (but I don't think they do that, except for children).

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Thanks for the input. Yep I picked them, went up half a size. I was curious about the consumer right end of things.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

You could try those gel stick-ons which can fit between the shoe and the foot at the pressure point. any chemist has them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

It coulkd be as simple as needing to break in as said above, however it also may be that the size is incorrect and causing friction. You say that you went you half a size - was there a reason for that?

If the shoe is too big your foot is moving seperately to the shoe and causes a part of the foot to constantly hit off a part of the shoe - in this case the heel.

IMO its excellent customer service to offer a replacement, as legally the shop does not have to do anything as there does not seem to be any manufacturing fault with the shoe.

Also remember everyone has different shaped feet and different shoes will fit different people differently - so in many cases the shoe you really really like, just won't suit your foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Bu the sounds of things you need to break in the shoes. I have to wear thick sock and walk around the house a few times before wearing new shoes for any lenght of time. I tend to find I need to go up a full size with Clarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Consumer law has nothing to do with this, but common sense does, if the shoes hurt that much then you should have removed them, not worn them until your feet bleed!

I'm actually surprised they offered you a replacement.

Advertisement