Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident at Killarney nightclub (mustangs?)

Options
  • 16-05-2016 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

I am a young Kerryman and I recently went on my first night out in Killarney. Had a great night otherwise in a great town but had an incident with very rude bouncer at a nightclub door of nightclub I think called Mustangs.

I am currently experiencing problems in my private life that are far worse than what took place at this club but because I am stressed at the moment I am taking it badly and want to address the club about it.

Basically I was refused entry by doormen not because I was drunk (I wasnt) but because they refused to believe that I was my age. Before refusing me they drew attention of people standing outside asking their opinion on my age and made several people laugh at me. I found it terrible embarrassing.

I am so embarrassed that I don't want to talk to my friends about it (even though they were very concerned at what happened especially as they know I am not having it easy atm. They left the club with me).

Has anyone encountered similar problems here or at other nightclubs and how did they respond to it?

Or even if theres any point

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Op - The doormen cannot possibly know about your current personal problems and neither should they. Fact is even by your account they were humorous - no accusation of aggression. Fact is you took offence because (a) you weren't actually underage and (b) you are having personal issues right now.

If you had ID this could have been avoided. I think you know this .

Edit.- Call me a cynic but if I was sober and had such a traumatic incident at a nightclub I'd remember the name of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Haven't we heard similar before on here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057408790
    Last Summer I was on a night out in Killarney with my girlfriend and her friends. We began the night in The Kube, and it was a nice club, but it was too packed so we decided to leave. They heard it was the same story in The Grand, and decided to go to Mustang Sally's. Before going there, my girlfriend told me that the doormen at this club have a bad reputation. My girlfriend does not look 21, and they had been making little of her one night for her own amusement. I am 21, but look much younger than that. This can cause trouble with bouncers, but it's generally okay once I show a second ID.

This was different. I went to the doormen, and I handed them my ID. One of them looked at it, then started laughing at me. He asked me what age I was, and I told him I was 21. With lots of people gathered around, he shouted over at the other door bouncer, smirking, and asked him 'do you reckon this fella is 21?'. The other guy replied 'not a hope'. He laughed at me again and handed back my ID to me saying 'no'. I was really embarrassed at this stage, I don't drink, I'm very quiet and nervous, and self conscious of how I look. He had caused a scene. I handed him a second ID, and just kept smirking, delighted that I had made his night so enjoyable. He wasn't budging, until a friend of my girlfriend gave out to him for being so rude. I was eventually let in. On the way out, I think it was the first time I've seen doormen not say 'thanks for coming' to customers on the way out, or something to that effect. In case anyone thinks I've lived a sheltered life, I've been out in Galway, Waterford, Dublin, Cork and Limerick and had never been made fun of by bouncers in such a way.

I suffer from depression, to the extent where I have contemplated suicide, largely due to a poor body image. I would single this incident out as one of the incidents that really convinced me there was something freakish about me. I was really humiliated. Has anybody else had problems at this nightclub?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

bertycally wrote: »
    Hi

I am a young Kerryman and I recently went on my first night out in Killarney. Had a great night otherwise in a great town but had an incident with very rude bouncer at a nightclub door of nightclub I think called Mustangs.

I am currently experiencing problems in my private life that are far worse than what took place at this club but because I am stressed at the moment I am taking it badly and want to address the club about it.

Basically I was refused entry by doormen not because I was drunk (I wasnt) but because they refused to believe that I was my age. Before refusing me they drew attention of people standing outside asking their opinion on my age and made several people laugh at me. I found it terrible embarrassing.

I am so embarrassed that I don't want to talk to my friends about it (even though they were very concerned at what happened especially as they know I am not having it easy atm. They left the club with me).

Has anyone encountered similar problems here or at other nightclubs and how did they respond to it?

Or even if theres any point

Thanks

Its unfortunate that you refused, but it happens! If you don't have ID, they are well within their rights to refuse you entry. They could have got in trouble if you had been underage. It can be embarrassing, but its not worth worrying about. It happens to many people, all the time. I've been refused into bars & nightclubs in the past. I looked very young for my age, but I made sure I always had a valid ID and I just got over it. In the grand scheme of things, its a very minor thing to happen. No point even getting in touch with the nightclub, they can't do anything about it now and you'd be lucky to get an apology, seeing as they were doing their job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

Sad op, heard this tune before grow up lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

I do think that bouncers in Killarney need to grow up and learn some professional behaviour.

For instance, one of the Plaza bouncers called a fella "four eyes" last week because he was refused entry into the club. Pathetic if you ask me. Same lad turned up a week later and the bouncer recognised him, apparently he is banned from all O Donoghue Ring pubs and clubs now. Bull****e if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 bertycally

I had my ID in fact I had two. They just made fun of it. I also appreciate the first point that they don't know about my personal problems but Im not saying they should.

And they werent humorous at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

No offence, but this story sounds extremely familiar to a story from the same place a year ago, so forgive me if its not sitting right with me. I'm closing this thread.
    MOD

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement