Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counselling in Kerry

Options
  • 16-05-2016 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi

Where is best for counselling in Kerry preferably Tralee but not necesarily? I have been for counselling for a short period this year in IT Tralee.

I am currently feeling worried at my mothers drinking and a sick relative. Im also very dissatisfied at my workplace but thats less of a problem.

If you have experiences please tell me where is good and where is bad. Price is also important to me.

I need it because I can't talk to only a few friends and even then I cover things up.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bertycally

Would like to hear about following places I have looked up

Kerry counselling centre Tralee (is that edward street)
    Robert Patterson Tralee
    Deanah McCormack Tralee
    Shíle Ryan Killarney
    South West Counselling Killarney
    Alaimh Killarney
    Cuan Dingle
    Rachel John Milltown

Please reply I do not feel good

You may not get many replies at this time of night but I hope you're okay.

I went to Senan House in Listowel at one point. That was through the public system though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Have you been to your GP?

endacl wrote: »
    Have you been to your GP?

I have not. It would probably cost about 50 euro which I can spend but worried about price of counselling then.

• Advertisement

bertycally wrote: »
    I have not. It would probably cost about 50 euro which I can spend but worried about price of counselling then.

Spend it. You'll be spending on your own therapy anyway. Consider it a down payment on an investment in yourself. And get some sleep now.

Thank you.

I will try to calm down.

Good man. Check back in tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hi

Where is best for counselling in Kerry preferably Tralee but not necesarily? I have been for counselling for a short period this year in IT Tralee.

I am currently feeling worried at my mothers drinking and a sick relative. Im also very dissatisfied at my workplace but thats less of a problem.

If you have experiences please tell me where is good and where is bad. Price is also important to me.

I need it because I can't talk to only a few friends and even then I cover things up.

Thanks.

I'd advise calling the Samaratins at this time of night if you need someone to talk to. You won't get many replies here late at night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Would like to hear about following places I have looked up

Kerry counselling centre Tralee (is that edward street)
    Robert Patterson Tralee
    Deanah McCormack Tralee
    Shíle Ryan Killarney
    South West Counselling Killarney
    Alaimh Killarney
    Cuan Dingle
    Rachel John Milltown

I don't know anything about any of those listed, I haven't heard of them either. I have seen O'Halloran Counselling recommended a few times.

https://www.facebook.com/ohallorancounsellingservices/

• Advertisement

Thank you for that. Feel bit better today and tonight. But it will change again soon. Response on this thread is better than one before.

I will go to GP tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Go to the GP. There are GP referral schemes for free counselling and the waiting lists aren't awful. Please do go today, I hope you have.

I went and I'll be with a counsellor next week thankfully :-)

Advertisement