Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jfk or Christ the king schools any feedback?

• 17-05-2016 3:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Anyone any feedback of these schools?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

"JFK blown away .. what else do I have to say ... we didn't start the fire ... "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

JFK is a great school, I went there albeit in the 80's and my son currently attends now.
    Great extra curricular involvement from pupils and teachers. A strong parents committee and a focus on a wide range of activities not just academic.
    There is a wide range of after school clubs and activities too including, coding, music, chess and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

Caherdavin is a fine well run school, teachers are good and the kids who come out are nice and confident. The same could be said for JFK of course.

Is the right of entry is gone for Ard Scoil Ris?, that would be the only splitter for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Kenny B wrote: »
    Caherdavin is a fine well run school, teachers are good and the kids who come out are nice and confident. The same could be said for JFK of course.

Is the right of entry is gone for Ard Scoil Ris?, that would be the only splitter for me.

I'd agree with that, Christ the king is a fine school.
    Technically there never was a right of entry for JFK, more custom and practice as the local primary school and it was completely eliminated when they wrote their admissions policy for the Common application process.
    That said the school that provides Ard Scoil's biggest intake would generally be JFK.
    Ard Scoil's right of entry criteria are,
    1. who has a brother who is a current student in the school or a brother who
    previously attended the school and completed his Leaving Certificate
    examination at the school
    2. who is a permanent resident in the parish of the Holy Rosary as defined by parish boundaries, regardless of which primary school he attends
    3. who is the son of a staff member of the school
    4. who is the son of a past pupil who has completed his Leaving Certificate
    examination at the school
    5. random selection of pupils for remaining places.

Advertisement