Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5s or se for wife

• 17-05-2016 7:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

My wife is not a power user my any means. It's photo, email and social media. She has a 5 that is a good 3 and half years old.

I want to use my upgrade to change her now because down the road we won't have iPhone money.

The 16gb 5s is 150 or the the se is 329 or 399 for 64gb. Is it worth the jump in price?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

Se is a lot better, wouldn't even consider a 5s
    peteb2 wrote: »
    My wife is not a power user my any means. It's photo, email and social media. She has a 5 that is a good 3 and half years old.

I want to use my upgrade to change her now because down the road we won't have iPhone money.

The 16gb 5s is 150 or the the se is 329 or 399 for 64gb. Is it worth the jump in price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

She's not bothered changing so she wouldn't notice the difference. It's me driving this.

Are we thinking 64gb is still the way to go over 16. Current is 16gb and she has 1100 photos on it. And 3gb left. Cloud is not for her. She likes to see all photos at anytime

you can see all the photos all the time with the cloud, it just keeps a native resolution photo on the iPhone, and uploads full res to cloud. however 16gb is too limited imho

oh and camera is a lot better too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

peteb2 wrote: »
    Cloud is not for her. She likes to see all photos at anytime

Cloud can do that. If I recall, you can keep low res versions on phone and full res will load if you're online

Likewise, I wouldn't consider a 5s. It's 3 years old now and if you got into a 2 year contract it'll be 5 years at the end of it which is a world of difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are a few sites that makes somewhat objective comparisons
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/iphone-se-vs-iphone-5s/

Or check them out on youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

SE. its the latest phone so will be supported longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

SE. its the latest phone so will be supported longer.

^This.

I upgraded to a 64Gb Grey iPhone SE a few weeks ago (long time Android user) and I have to say I am impressed with this phone. Essentially a 6s (minus 3D touch) in a 5s body. Really like it.

As readytosnap says it will be supported longer than the 5s too.

Advertisement