Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUP for All closure

Options
  • 17-05-2016 9:01am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭

Incredibly disappointing news to read this morning. I've been enjoying attending SUP sessions for almost 4 years now, I'm aware that SUP for All has been beset by difficulties with planning but this the pits.

D1D481A3-AC6B-443D-8BDE-180C4EF2CB5F_zpsh2h4n8xp.png

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

What are the objections? Health and Safety? What next? Surfing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Ah for god's sake!!! After me only starting recently! That's awful. Wonder what the issue is? Poor Dave :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

As I understand it's a planning issue. He doesn't have any permanent structures so the council must be objecting to his tents ffs. They already forced him to remove his portaloos. Dave is a great guy, very environmentally and community focused. It just smacks of short-sightedness and pettiness. The council should be celebrating the work Dave has done to enhance tourism in Sligo and supporting and encouraging him not obstructing him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Speechless.
    I could rant but it's nothing any normal rational being would say.
    Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

No wonder they're in debt the shower of cnuts....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

this is an absolute disgrace, this is a man full of energy and ideas who was doing a great job in promoting sligo as an adventure capital. the council are there to work for us and should have been able to come to some agreement on allowing him to continue his business. who's interest is this in that a forward thinking business is put to the sword? goodness knows we've lost a lot in sligo and need all the tourism and jobs that we can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

The planning dept are flexing their muscles again a shower of civil servents who have never created a job kind siting in their offices yet relay on business people of the country who without would see a struggle for their wages to be in the government coffers.you will also find there's a whinge bag or a councilor behind all this as well.
    Sorry rant over but that planning shower get my blood boiling.
    My other half has been on to me to go suping for ages she has done it a few times reckons it's great.we have family coming the end of the month so we had planned to all go supping.i hope into the future I will and support this Dave in what looks a good successful venture.
    I wish Dave good luck and hope the bloody system might favour him and his promotion of the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I can't for the life of me understand why the 'powers that be' haven't employed David. He's one of the best ambassadors that Sligo has.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Are there any options to move to part of the lake that is in leitrim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

magnumlady wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me understand why the 'powers that be' haven't employed David. He's one of the best ambassadors that Sligo has.

Who actually is responsible for promoting tourism in Sligo?not much ever done to promote it.

Advertisement