Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings accounts

• 17-05-2016 10:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to set up a savings account with either:
    1. Credit Union
    2. Post Office
    3. Bank of Ireland

I've been with the Credit Union for years but figured I might as well be earning interest on my savings. I am confused by the various options available. What I am looking for is a savings account where I can lodge money every month or whatever and earn interest on that account every month. Does this exist? Most of the options I'm looking at seem to earn interest per annum..

An Post seems to make the most sense (Tax free, High interest rate) but I can't find the information I'm looking for online. From what I can gather the interest is only paid at the end of the savings term? So if I went with the 10 year option I only get paid interest at the end of the 10 years? Can I set up a standing order with the PO account? Do I get an account number / sort code?

Comments

Advertisement