Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential New Customer and Nest

Options
  • 17-05-2016 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps,

we're moving into a new (second hand) house today. We may sign up (Gas and Electricity) to Electric Ireland - we are interested in the Nest offer.

Just wondering - if we get our account setup initially, can we avail of the Nest offer subsequently (i.e. in a couple of days), or do we have to do both at the same time?

Secondly, we have some work to do in the house, which means it will be about 3 weeks before we can get Internet installed - can we delay installation of the Nest until we are all setup.

Finally, I am also interested in the Evohome system, but don't have the money to install immediately - I understand that signing up to Nest requires a two year contracts - but I am just wondering if we get the Nest now, are we precluded from taking up the Evohome offer in say, 6 months?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Uriel,

Thank you for your interest in our Nest price plan.

In general terms, we can advise that if you are already on a price plan, you would not be able to avail of a second price plan.

We would recommend contacting our colleagues in the Home Services department on 1850 305 085 in relation to any terms and conditions for current Nest price plans. Their phone line is available from 8am-6pm Monday - Friday.

If you have any other questions, we would be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Hi Uriel,

Thank you for your interest in our Nest price plan.

In general terms, we can advise that if you are already on a price plan, you would not be able to avail of a second price plan.

We would recommend contacting our colleagues in the Home Services department on 1850 305 085 in relation to any terms and conditions for current Nest price plans. Their phone line is available from 8am-6pm Monday - Friday.

If you have any other questions, we would be happy to help.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Aoife, thank you for your reply.

I am not sure what this means? Is this in relation to looking at an Evohome down the line, or the nest at the time of sign up of new account?

Perhaps to deal with the immediate issue - I have to setup a new account in about an hour or so as we are due to pick up our keys - I'll complete the online "moving in" form - however, If we do this, to get us into the house and sorted with a new account number, can I apply for the Nest deal separately tomorrow or do I have to do both today?

Sorry, another related question - can account be in two names? i.e. husband and wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again Uriel.,

The Home Services team can advise in relation to both the Nest thermostat and the Evohome.

The Nest plan would likely be longer than six months, so the Evohome plan could not be availed of after this length of time, but should be possible to avail of after the Nest plan contract is finished.

Here is some further information on our website in relation to the Evohome plan.

Yes, you can indeed apply for the Nest plan shortly after carrying out your "moving in" registration - there is no requirement for both to be done together. If you would prefer to do the two together, though, a wait of one day is no problem. Your supply will not be affected and you can use the meter-reading you take today, and just confirm when it was taken.

Ask as many questions as you wish! An Electric Ireland account can certainly be in two names - both parties just need to confirm to us that they are happy to be named on the account. If one person puts the account in their name when moving in, both customers can then contact us to add each of their names (and the account-holder who registered their name first needs to give authorisation to add the other person).

We are here on Boards.ie and our other social media channels until 6pm if you have any further queries we can assist you with.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

Hi again Uriel.,

The Home Services team can advise in relation to both the Nest thermostat and the Evohome.

The Nest plan would likely be longer than six months, so the Evohome plan could not be availed of after this length of time, but should be possible to avail of after the Nest plan contract is finished.

Here is some further information on our website in relation to the Evohome plan.

Yes, you can indeed apply for the Nest plan shortly after carrying out your "moving in" registration - there is no requirement for both to be done together. If you would prefer to do the two together, though, a wait of one day is no problem. Your supply will not be affected and you can use the meter-reading you take today, and just confirm when it was taken.

Ask as many questions as you wish! An Electric Ireland account can certainly be in two names - both parties just need to confirm to us that they are happy to be named on the account. If one person puts the account in their name when moving in, both customers can then contact us to add each of their names (and the account-holder who registered their name first needs to give authorisation to add the other person).

We are here on Boards.ie and our other social media channels until 6pm if you have any further queries we can assist you wish.

Kind regards,
    Una

________
    Una,

Thanks for your reply - that's great - it covers everything I need for today and I will follow up with the Home Services Team regarding the technical aspects of Nest/Evohome.

Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again Uriel.,

You are very welcome - we're happy to assist.

Once again, thank you for choosing Electric Ireland.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Advertisement

Hi again Uriel.,

You are very welcome - we're happy to assist.

Once again, thank you for choosing Electric Ireland.

Kind regards,
    Una

________
    Hi again EI team

Unfortunately I've since tried to organise the Nest deal but have ran into some technical difficulties in ordering the deal, including that the online application process doesn't recognize us as a new customer or existing customer properly, or that we have already set up our Gas and Electricity accounts and direct debits etc.

I wonder would you be able to initiate the sign up?I'll PM the account details

Thanks

I have PMed you detailed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Uriel,

We are sorry to read that you were unable to sign up online.

Did you try signing up here or here?

We have received your private message and we will be in touch with you as soon as we can.

We do need to make you aware that we are unable to take bank details via Social Media., so we will not be able to sign you up for the price plan.

Our colleagues in the Sales Department are available on 1850 305 090 should you wish to contact them directly. Their phone lines are open from 8am to 8pm tonight and tomorrow from 9am to 5.30pm.

Should you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to ask

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement