Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIR ONLY A JOKE!!

Options
  • 17-05-2016 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I decided to get my land line back as mobile coverage is so bad where I live. When i called eir i was told there was e fibre in the area also... this to me was amazing so amazing in fact I thought it too good to be true but after speaking to several people in eir they assured me it was in fact it was available. The first appointment back in April the  technician didn't show up not his fault as he was given a wrong phone number. Second time same thing and i took a day off work he still had a wrong number. At no time did anyone call me from EIR to either apologise or reschedule i had to do all the phoning. The third appointment was for last Friday 13th May in fact the person i spoke to in Eir asked me was I superstitious about Friday 13th in hindsight I should have been!!!! 

I took another day off work to wait for the wonderful technician only not to arrive. I called EIR at 7.00 in the evening they proceeded to tell me he might still arrive and if not he would come Saturday (not a chance of that happening). I called Monday again still no explanation and i spoke to a Paul whom i spoke to before who joked previously about sharing the lotto numbers with me if he ever got them- he was another who also told me and promised me he would call me back ( never called). 
    This morning May 17th a technician called to say he was on his way i was at work as i have nearly all of my annual leave used up taking time off for the wonderful EIR. 
    He went ahead anyway and tested the line called me back to say the line was ok and all i needed to do was plug in the modem but the broadband is very poor...
    After all this he didn't need to come into the house in the first place. 

But the best is yet to come. I asked the almighty question about E Fibre basically he laughed down the phone at me and pretty much said not you as well sure they 
    will tell you anything....  !

Looking forward to a good response!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

paula123 wrote: »
    I decided to get my land line back as mobile coverage is so bad where I live. When i called eir i was told there was e fibre in the area also... this to me was amazing so amazing in fact I thought it too good to be true but after speaking to several people in eir they assured me it was in fact it was available. The first appointment back in April the  technician didn't show up not his fault as he was given a wrong phone number. Second time same thing and i took a day off work he still had a wrong number. At no time did anyone call me from EIR to either apologise or reschedule i had to do all the phoning. The third appointment was for last Friday 13th May in fact the person i spoke to in Eir asked me was I superstitious about Friday 13th in hindsight I should have been!!!! 

I took another day off work to wait for the wonderful technician only not to arrive. I called EIR at 7.00 in the evening they proceeded to tell me he might still arrive and if not he would come Saturday (not a chance of that happening). I called Monday again still no explanation and i spoke to a Paul whom i spoke to before who joked previously about sharing the lotto numbers with me if he ever got them- he was another who also told me and promised me he would call me back ( never called). 
    This morning May 17th a technician called to say he was on his way i was at work as i have nearly all of my annual leave used up taking time off for the wonderful EIR. 
    He went ahead anyway and tested the line called me back to say the line was ok and all i needed to do was plug in the modem but the broadband is very poor...
    After all this he didn't need to come into the house in the first place. 

But the best is yet to come. I asked the almighty question about E Fibre basically he laughed down the phone at me and pretty much said not you as well sure they 
    will tell you anything....  !

Looking forward to a good response!
    Hi paula123,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm so sorry to hear of this experience and we this is definitely not the service we aim to provide. I apologise and I can completely understand your frustration here. I will have pass this information on and have it flagged with our contractor as this is unacceptable.

We can check for the efibre service at point of sale however in alot of cases we would need to wait until there is an active line in the home to test I'm afraid. You can also check your address here for the service https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/

Can you PM me your account number and I will take a look into this? 
    I will also arrange to have your line prequaled for the efibre service so we can offer you some clarification on this.

-Pamela 

Advertisement