Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer apps to iTunes from iPad - glitch or not?

• 17-05-2016 1:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

Quick question that might be an issue:

I have an old app on my iPad (Flight Control HD if anyone remembers it!) which is now no longer available on the iTunes store. Last night I was trying to copy the app from my iPad to iTunes (on a Mac) using transfer purchases and no apps got copied across to the computer hard drive. I remember years ago you could do this but I'm not sure if you can now. Has anyone come across this issue?

Secondly, I found the Flight Control .ipa on a ye olde PC that I used to use years ago. Is it possible to copy this file to my Mac and have iTunes recognise it as a legit file??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 John_2187

I'm not sure if this would affect it, but have you updated your iOS to 9.x.x? If this game isn't available anymore, chances are it's incompatible with newer iOS versions.

iTunes would've read it as a legit file anyway, but the transfer would be where it becomes messy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Yes I still have on my iPad and it works perfectly. I wanted to back the file up in the event that I replace my current iPad...

Advertisement